MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Wait listed @ SAIC Printmedia. This was my top choice :( Did anyone here get accepted to SAIC Printmedia and may be considering other schools/programs?

I'm so tired of being wait listed. Last year, it was RISD. *sigh*

Hey guys, I'm new to posting here, though I've been following for a while. The conversations have been helpful.

So, I've been accepted to two photography programs so far: Calarts and SVA. What are your thoughts on the pros/cons of each? I posted the question last week but I think it got lost in the pile. Looking forward to feedback!! (I'm leaning towards CalArts, but the allure of New York is exciting...Help!)

Thanks.

did saic contact you with e-mail Payne?

Wait listed @ SAIC Printmedia. This was my top choice :( Did anyone here get accepted to SAIC Printmedia and may be considering other schools/programs?

I'm so tired of being wait listed. Last year, it was RISD. *sigh*

Official acceptance letter from CCA came today... information on 'how to accept/enroll' but no word on funding. Anyone get this packet in the mail? Did you have any scholarship info? I'm guessing I was not awarded any merit scholarships, although I think they also offer need-based money too. Ughhhh. It was great to be accepted, but kinda bummed right now!

Same here, got an acceptance letter on Saturday. No funding and I was told by admissions that if I didn't get any merit scholarship info there, then I didn't get any. Need-based money is available through the Financial Aid Office as far as I know... Congrats on your acceptance!

Official acceptance letter from CCA came today... information on 'how to accept/enroll' but no word on funding. Anyone get this packet in the mail? Did you have any scholarship info? I'm guessing I was not awarded any merit scholarships, although I think they also offer need-based money too. Ughhhh. It was great to be accepted, but kinda bummed right now!

Same here. Though it is driving me insane that I'm not getting funding from anyone. It's so awesome to be accepted, but the cost is outrageous! =D

Same here, got an acceptance letter on Saturday. No funding and I was told by admissions that if I didn't get any merit scholarship info there, then I didn't get any. Need-based money is available through the Financial Aid Office as far as I know... Congrats on your acceptance!

Couldn't agree more with you, it's great to get accepted but schools are way too expensive! I suppose we better see this as an investment... A very expensive investment...

Same here. Though it is driving me insane that I'm not getting funding from anyone. It's so awesome to be accepted, but the cost is outrageous! =D

I received this acceptance letter/packet from CCA too with no mention of any scholarships/funding. I am starting to feel depressed.

Couldn't agree more with you, it's great to get accepted but schools are way too expensive! I suppose we better see this as an investment... A very expensive investment...

Good point! It is an investment... Which is why I am leaning towards Parsons. If I'm going to go into insane amount of debt, I might as well do it in the heart of NYC and design central. =D

Hi, if you mean the ICP-Bard Photo MFA program - i received an email last week saying I got accepted. They also told me that they'll be sending financial aid info April 1st.

me too. gotta say it was a remarkably classy rejection though.

has anyone heard back from Bard since the interviews last weekend?

No its quite a small envelope, its fatty because I knew everyone on the review panel and had a faculty member write my letter. I was hoping (maybe expecting a little) to receive at least an interview. So it stings a bit to get rejected.

fatty, as in a rj in a misleadingly thick envelope?

i'm waiting for my letter up in canada.

No its quite a small envelope, its fatty because I knew everyone on the review panel and had a faculty member write my letter. I was hoping (maybe expecting a little) to receive at least an interview. So it stings a bit to get rejected.

that sucks! i guess there are no guarantees. it'll be interesting to see who they DID accept!

So NONE of us got these so-called merit scholarships? I don't believe it... Anyway, I think Grad school is a great investment, although I already owe a fair amount for my undergrad, so how much is too much? Are any of you fellow CCA kids planning to visit next month? What do you think is the most amount of 'financial aid' we can expect? I'm still pretty depressed about it all.

I wonder if anyone actually received a merit scholarship from CCA? I was really hoping I'd get one. I have a fair amount of loans as well from my undergrad. It's times like these I wish I had rich parents who could just take care of my tuition (or could have done so for undergrad) so I don't have to stress too much about financing my education. Oh well...back to reality now. I have a feeling I will be in debt for the rest of my life if I decide to pursue an MFA now. Oh, I will be at the open house since I live around here.

So NONE of us got these so-called merit scholarships? I don't believe it... Anyway, I think Grad school is a great investment, although I already owe a fair amount for my undergrad, so how much is too much? Are any of you fellow CCA kids planning to visit next month? What do you think is the most amount of 'financial aid' we can expect? I'm still pretty depressed about it all.

In the same boat, ie Acceptance from CCA, no word on merit scholarship (and judging by all your posts not hopeful). Would be curious to know how many applicants actually got one! Doesn't look like many (if any).

I interviewed for PrintMedia at SAIC also - still no word yet, but things take twice as long to reach me overseas. Congrats Payne for at least being Waitlisted. Fingers crossed for something - AND for some funding!!

While it is exciting to be accepted and a clear validation of ability, the reality hits and takes a bit of the shine off the whole thing. It is a V E R Y expensive exercise and something to be considered very carefully.

Edited by Jinnee Spell

In a similar position myself with somewhere, won't say too much about it other than i found it quite baffling, actually.

I have one more wait for a school that is such a good fit that a rejection ......... i might have to get a new brain fitted or something, I really wouldnt be able to take it in.

Thanks, Jinnee Spell. Good luck to you. I just hate the feeling of being wait listed as I experienced this last year and it was not pretty. Hoping and hoping for nothing in the end. When I tried to ask the school, they can't even tell me any useful information. It's so secretive. Btw, what school do you prefer out of the 3 you applied to?

In the same boat, ie Acceptance from CCA, no word on merit scholarship (and judging by all your posts not hopeful). Would be curious to know how many applicants actually got one! Doesn't look like many (if any).

I interviewed for PrintMedia at SAIC also - still no word yet, but things take twice as long to reach me overseas. Congrats Payne for at least being Waitlisted. Fingers crossed for something - AND for some funding!!

While it is exciting to be accepted and a clear validation of ability, the reality hits and takes a bit of the shine off the whole thing. It is a V E R Y expensive exercise and something to be considered very carefully.

It would be hard to be waitlisted as you say, so I hope something good comes out of your efforts this year.

My preference - whichever one funds the best. I researched my choices very carefully so that I would be happy no matter where I went.

Thanks, Jinnee Spell. Good luck to you. I just hate the feeling of being wait listed as I experienced this last year and it was not pretty. Hoping and hoping for nothing in the end. When I tried to ask the school, they can't even tell me any useful information. It's so secretive. Btw, what school do you prefer out of the 3 you applied to?