MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I have an old friend at BU..if you are interested in maybe talking to him message me and I see if I can get you guys in touch... CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! happy for you!!!!!

Just got an acceptance email from BU with an awesome scholarship package!rolleyes.gif

Congratulation!!!!!

And I got accepted too!

ITP was the only school that I applied so I can't stop dancing now!!!:rolleyes:

(You can see my dancing through numerous exclamation marks in this posting!)

Your finger-crossing worked B)

Just got my acceptance letter to NYU ITP via email!!!!!!!! :D

I don't know why, but I didn't get interviewed for either Parsons OR NYU for *both* their digital art/media programs. I also recieved similar merit scholarships + assistantship oppotunities for both schools... has anyone tried to negotiate a better deal between schools before? Initially I was leaning towards Parsons since I thought that NYU wouldn't give me a scholarship, but now it's pretty much equal. I just don't know which school to pick now, since both of them are great

Was accepted back in February and was told they had limited funding. It made it seem like only 1 or 2 of the 6 accepted applicants receive GTA positions? No mention of scholarships. Do you plan on going there?

Has anybody else heard from VCU for Visual Communications? I got accepted but they don't have any funding, or at least that's what I have been told

I see... Yeah now it really is between MICA and VCU. Not sure which way to go. I have yet to hear back from YALE after my interview next week but funding for YALE just seems unreachable.... How about you?

Was accepted back in February and was told they had limited funding. It made it seem like only 1 or 2 of the 6 accepted applicants receive GTA positions? No mention of scholarships. Do you plan on going there?

Hello, new to the site. Can anyone tell me if I should hold out hope for RISD painting, since I haven't received a rejection yet? I know they are supposed to interview, and that one person apparently has been contacted to do so for painting, but I wonder if I still might be in the running. Thanks!

I just received a letter from CMU, offering me an assistanship and a very important tuition discount. Problem is, In order to get these benefits I have to accept their acceptance letter by April 1st and neither CalArts nor UCSD have made offered any funding yet. To complicate further complicate things, I have the RISD D+M interview tomorrow and I seriously doubt that they will have made their selection before April 1st!

Any advice?

I'm in a similar situation. Where's your heart? What is your gut telling you? Where do you want to be?

I just received a letter from CMU, offering me an assistanship and a very important tuition discount. Problem is, In order to get these benefits I have to accept their acceptance letter by April 1st and neither CalArts nor UCSD have made offered any funding yet. To complicate further complicate things, I have the RISD D+M interview tomorrow and I seriously doubt that they will have made their selection before April 1st!

Any advice?

Any advice?

I'm in a similar position, I have to respond to UIowa's funding by April 1, but I have an interview at Yale later this week. I spoke to UIowa and they told me they could extend the deadline somewhat, but told me that Yale's notification date is too late. So I'm going to speak to Yale about whether it's at all possible to hear notification earlier (doubt it, but worth a shot). I'd recommend calling CMU and asking for an extension, even of a few days, and also calling CalArts and UCSD to push them a bit on funding notification. Definitely also ask RISD whether they can tell you asap.

Don't know why schools make life this difficult....there should be a standard notification and response deadline, just like for undergraduate colleges.

I'm in a similar position, I have to respond to UIowa's funding by April 1, but I have an interview at Yale later this week. I spoke to UIowa and they told me they could extend the deadline somewhat, but told me that Yale's notification date is too late. So I'm going to speak to Yale about whether it's at all possible to hear notification earlier (doubt it, but worth a shot). I'd recommend calling CMU and asking for an extension, even of a few days, and also calling CalArts and UCSD to push them a bit on funding notification. Definitely also ask RISD whether they can tell you asap.

Don't know why schools make life this difficult....there should be a standard notification and response deadline, just like for undergraduate colleges.

I only work in undergraduate admissions, so things may be different, but from what I understand a college does not have the right to pressure a students decision of enrollment till May 1st. I don't know if this is a national policy or not, but it's something worth looking up. In my opinion it's a bit unethical to ask such a thing until all programs have notified their applicants of a decision of admission.

Good luck to you both, I hope you are able to find some good advice in your situation.

i had my nyu interview today, does anyone know how long it will take to hear back. I feel like i did bad, i said a whole lot with out saying anything at all really

I'm not sure when you hear back from them. I have an interview later this week. I did read on this thread that someone was given admission right after the interview.

How long was the interview?

i had my nyu interview today, does anyone know how long it will take to hear back. I feel like i did bad, i said a whole lot with out saying anything at all really

Has anyone heard back from SAIC FVNMA(Film, Video, New Media and Animation)?

I called them last week and was told that the decision has been made on Friday(Mar 18th).

But still haven't heard back yet though I'm living in Chicago. :-(

I'm in a similar situation. Where's your heart? What is your gut telling you? Where do you want to be?

Well, my heart is on my girlfriend and a three year MFA might be too much for her. Funding is also an important issue, so if risd said 'all right come on in with 50%' i would say RISD, but it would still be a difficult choice!