MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Okay, I got one of those Prtizker scholarship e-mails from SAIC, too. Did anybody who was wait listed get one? I'm still waiting for the official decision and I won't let myself get my hopes up until I know for certain that I got in.

Thanks!! Im really happy with the results so far.

I don't know. Im still waiting to hear about scholarships for ICP and SVA.

It's all sooo expensive!

Any suggestions?

Congrats to you too!!

got the letter from RIT today also - bit of a scholarship but no tuition waiver which means some thinking and research......

youre in prov ? I might know ya : )

Payne - I heard from SAIC today snail mail - I'm waitlisted also.

Wait listed @ SAIC Printmedia. This was my top choice :( Did anyone here get accepted to SAIC Printmedia and may be considering other schools/programs?

I'm so tired of being wait listed. Last year, it was RISD. *sigh*

Payne - I heard from SAIC today snail mail - I'm waitlisted also.

I know it may be asshole-ish and insensitive to ask when the wound is so fresh, but did either of you get the e-mail that SAIC sent out about the Margot and Thomas Pritzker scholarship? The subject line was "New Graduate Scholarship Opportunity." I'm really dying here and I want to be prepared should I also be waitlisted.

has anyone been accepted to RISD?

It is quite informal, but I had the interview today (for de D+M program) and at the end they told me "Welcome to RISD!".

Awaiting funding information now, hopefully before April 1st, to choose between CMU and RISD.... I am so tired of thinking and speaking of graduate school every day for the last year or so, it will be such a relief to finally get into it!

I know it may be asshole-ish and insensitive to ask when the wound is so fresh, but did either of you get the e-mail that SAIC sent out about the Margot and Thomas Pritzker scholarship? The subject line was "New Graduate Scholarship Opportunity." I'm really dying here and I want to be prepared should I also be waitlisted.

That scholarship is for "new and continuing graduate students." If you received it, you are accepted.

I got the email about the scholarship and I was notified of acceptance by letter on Monday (applied for photography).

I also have an interview on Friday for RISD D+M.

It's good to hear back, but I think I can't go there without a decent financial package.

Its tuition is far more expensive than I can afford. :-(

It is quite informal, but I had the interview today (for de D+M program) and at the end they told me "Welcome to RISD!".

Awaiting funding information now, hopefully before April 1st, to choose between CMU and RISD.... I am so tired of thinking and speaking of graduate school every day for the last year or so, it will be such a relief to finally get into it!

Edited by sightless

I also have an interview on Friday for RISD D+M.

It's good to hear back, but I think I can't go there without a decent financial package.

Its tuition is far more expensive than I can afford. :-(

same problem here.... and i've got until April 1st to decide because of CMU's financial offer. It's a very tough decision!

The date on my slideroom application for pratt has changed. It went from 3/15 to the end of the month.

So this may have already come up, but how awful would it be to accept somewhere and then (in the off-chance you get in or get more money from another school later) change your mind, and decide not to go there? Someone said to me earlier this week, "athletes do it all the time," which is true, but I would feel really bad.. even though they've made me aware of the long waitlist of strong candidates they have.

yep yep. got a letter of acceptance from them saturday i believe.

Yes! Congratulations!

And I could be joining you there if you go. I couldn't stand it anymore and called CalArts Admissions. They told me I was in and that the acceptance letter was in the mail.

Yeah, me too - now i've gotta make a decision. It's tough... all programs are soo expensive.

I'm living in Providence but I'm actually from Spain (Barcelona)!

Congrats! Do you know were are you gonna go?

got the letter from RIT today also - bit of a scholarship but no tuition waiver which means some thinking and research......

youre in prov ? I might know ya : )

Yeah, me too - now i've gotta make a decision. It's tough... all programs are soo expensive.

I'm living in Providence but I'm actually from Spain (Barcelona)!

Congrats! Do you know were are you gonna go?

mes que un club my friend : )

no idea where im going to go ...... i need to sort out the tuition fees, but i would like rit...... do you know albert...he was at risd for a bit

Those who applied to SAIC MFA in FVNMA program,

I just talked to the school's admission director and was told that the decision letters were sent out TODAY.

Hope some of you get great news.

Strange, I just called and the guy who I talked to told me that the decisions for Film/Video/New Media were sent out on Tuesday.

Strange, I just called and the guy who I talked to told me that the decisions for Film/Video/New Media were sent out on Tuesday.

I have had the same issue with SAIC. You talk to one person and they give you one day, another gives you something totally different. The director told me my dept. sent letters out on a certain day, and after 2 weeks and not receiving mine I called again, only to be told they were being sent out that afternoon. Still haven't received it.

SAIC FVNM:I called yesterday and they told me that they sent them out yesterday!

Is this departmental sloppiness? Is this disorganization indicative of the quality of the department? Or is this SAIC just having a lot on their plate?

I went to SAIC for undergrad and hate to say that the school is kind of sloppy when it comes to administration

SAIC FVNM:I called yesterday and they told me that they sent them out yesterday!

Is this departmental sloppiness? Is this disorganization indicative of the quality of the department? Or is this SAIC just having a lot on their plate?

I just got an email with my "Award Letter" from SFAI. Looks like it's just the amount of student loans I qualify for. Not much of an "Award" if you ask me. Did anyone else get this and have scholarship or grant money added?