MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

On 3/27/2024 at 11:19 AM, kaiaya said:

I agree, it is brutal. I read on their site it say beginning of April. If they had changed the date it would be nice if they had let us know that in some way. 

I heard from them yesterday and when I looked on egas the date my application was updated had changed to 2 April. They are actively reviewing the applications right now! So hopefully we will hear soon!

1 hour ago, ridgerr said:

I heard from them yesterday and when I looked on egas the date my application was updated had changed to 2 April. They are actively reviewing the applications right now! So hopefully we will hear soon!

Thank you for updating me! Just curious if you applied to advanced standing? (I applied regular track non-bsw, and my status is still in process. And my status change date is still March 1/24) so just wondering if the timelines are the same. 

Edited by kaiaya

20 hours ago, Diana_Y said:

Hi Guys, I've got my acceptance just 10 minutes ago, thanks be to God who supported me and delivered the Good News.

Did you apply for full time or part time/ online or in person? 

I am still awaiting :((( so 😰😰😰😰

Hi there, 

Has anyone in this forum completed the HBSW at Lakehead (Orillia campus). If so, would you be able to provide me with your ig so I can reach out with a couple of questions?

Thank you so much in advance!

On 3/23/2024 at 8:53 AM, Lotusgirl said:

20 hours ago, kaiaya said:

Thank you for updating me! Just curious if you applied to advanced standing? (I applied regular track non-bsw, and my status is still in process. And my status change date is still March 1/24) so just wondering if the timelines are the same. 

I applied to the regular track non-BSW as well. 

I just received an email offer from UofT and got off the waitlist for their Advanced Standing (full-time) MSW program! With that being said, does anyone know if there are scholarships and/or funding applications I should look into? I'm aware the program itself doesn't offer funding like YorkU. 

I am still processing this offer since it was my second time getting waitlisted, so I wasn't expected to get moved! 

16 minutes ago, yenyyenn said:

I just received an email offer from UofT and got off the waitlist for their Advanced Standing (full-time) MSW program! With that being said, does anyone know if there are scholarships and/or funding applications I should look into? I'm aware the program itself doesn't offer funding like YorkU. 

I am still processing this offer since it was my second time getting waitlisted, so I wasn't expected to get moved! 

Congratulations, that’s awesome you were able to get off the waitlist! I have inquired the same thing and as far as I know you can apply to the Ontario Graduate Scholarship application and then also there will be internal faculty awards we can start applying for in September/October. We will be notified when those are available 😃

7 minutes ago, msw1910 said:

Congratulations, that’s awesome you were able to get off the waitlist! I have inquired the same thing and as far as I know you can apply to the Ontario Graduate Scholarship application and then also there will be internal faculty awards we can start applying for in September/October. We will be notified when those are available 😃

Thank you so much!! I'm still in shock 🤪

I read into the Ontario Graduate Scholarship application, but I'm having a hard time navigating the website to see if the application is open or will open in September. Also, that's great to hear there are internal faculty awards! 

2 hours ago, yenyyenn said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing what program you got into.

13 hours ago, canadiandmbfan said:

Has anyone else received acceptance into the University of Windsor's advanced-standing MSWWP? I would love to connect. 

When did you receive acceptance? I applied to regular track but my application still says "in progress" and applicants have been told they'll have to wait up to mid April.

Hi everyone, I have applied to York and my portal still says "decision pending" but it appears that others have been getting their offers sporadically. I am starting to get worried, does anyone have any insight on past years and whether this is normal and there is still a chance or does this likely mean I am on the waitlist?

14 hours ago, tayw said:

Hi everyone, I have applied to York and my portal still says "decision pending" but it appears that others have been getting their offers sporadically. I am starting to get worried, does anyone have any insight on past years and whether this is normal and there is still a chance or does this likely mean I am on the waitlist?

I am in the same boat it could be the strike that's delaying the process most likely it could mean that we are waitlisted

23 hours ago, tayw said:

I'm in the same situation too... still waiting for the result :( Hopefully we get the reply by this coming week

Hi, I too am waiting for the MSW regular track results from York.  I can offer some reassurance.  I was contacted by a graduate program administrator for the School of Social Work who advised me that "application results for the MSW 2 years program are expected to be available mid to late April and will continue until the program is full". 

21 minutes ago, jojojt said:

I got into UWindsors MSWwp regular track, starting in the fall. If anyone else got in, I'd love to connect :)

I too just accepted my offer! Have you heard of any groups that have been made for students? 

28 minutes ago, ridgerr said:

I too just accepted my offer! Have you heard of any groups that have been made for students? 

Congrats! I haven't! I'd be down to make one if no one else does. 

I just received an acceptance to Windsor for the MSWwp program today. This concludes my cycle! I received offers from Laurier, McMaster, York, and Windsor, and had one rejection at King's. 

Edited by Hifriends12345
Spelling