MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

50 minutes ago, Lotusgirl said:

Those who have received acceptances to UofT do you mind sharing if your application was submitted early or closer to the deadline? 

Curious to know the same if you all wouldn’t mind sharing? :) Thank you and congratulations to everyone! 

1 hour ago, Lotusgirl said:

Those who have received acceptances to UofT do you mind sharing if your application was submitted early or closer to the deadline? 

I submitted mine about 10 minutes before the deadline 😅 haha. My best guess is that they have a ranking system and roll out admissions that way. I feel each school does it so differently so it’s hard to know for sure when you will hear back in comparison to everyone else!

2 minutes ago, msw1910 said:

I submitted mine about 10 minutes before the deadline 😅 haha. My best guess is that they have a ranking system and roll out admissions that way. I feel each school does it so differently so it’s hard to know for sure when you will hear back in comparison to everyone else!

Thanks for responding 🙏

5 hours ago, bookworm247 said:

Has anyone who accepted their offer for advanced standing MSW at UofT and paid their deposit/accepted invite gotten any emails from the school? I am looking at places to live and just want to be 10000% sure about being in before I commit to a place lol. 

Also, is this program 100% September-September? Thanks!

I can't answer your first question since I have not paid the deposit, but I am guessing we will hear more closer to the info session for admitted students scheduled for early April.

As for the second question, I have asked the faculty and you can finish as quickly as end of June depending how you spread out your courses and what summer courses specifically you take.

For example, there are a few courses in the summer that finish by end of June, so you do not have to stay in Toronto after the completion of all requirements.

Regardless, November would be when graduation is held and your tuition is for 3 terms (Fall/Winter/Summer) even if you finish a bit earlier than that.

5 hours ago, indigo77 said:

My status on ACORN - UofT changed yesterday to invited and it’s asking me for a $500 deposit. I’m in shock and really hope this means I’ve been accepted! I’m still waiting to hear back from Laurier’s online part time MSW program as well  

Anyone have any insight on which school would be the better program? I know UofT is the #1 social work program in Canada and highly ranked school but do you think it will really make that much of a difference on my resume if it says one school vs.  the other? 

Laurier is also a very well-known school, and is actually known to be more competitive than UofT. You will have no problem finding employment afterwards! 

8 minutes ago, petrichor00 said:

For those of us who haven't heard back from UofT 2yr- do you think there's any chance we'll still get in? Or is the waitlist the best thing to hope for at this point? I'm not sure where to set my expectations lol

Just based on previous years it seems like if you don’t hear anything by tomorrow then you will likely be waitlisted or unsuccessful by Friday. Best of luck to you! 

3 hours ago, Lotusgirl said:

Submitted on the day of the deadline for Advanced Standing (same deadline as 2 year) and one of the first to hear back - I don't think this matters much as long as you submit all requirements on time. 

4 hours ago, Lotusgirl said:

I submitted the day of! I don't think the day/time you submit will be a determining factor in your application, unless you miss the deadline lol 

10 hours ago, counsellingapple said:

For those who are seleced to UofT and saw ACORN, where did you find the update? In the dashboard?

I still do not see and I'm truly devastated.

Hey there,

When you login to ACORN, it's one of the first things that you see. I guess that's the dashboard/homepage and there you should see "invited" under academics and a $500 deposit under finances.

35 minutes ago, feufhweqwd said:

was this today?

I saw the invite yesterday around 6pm after reading that some people got an invite notification. Not sure when they had actually updated the status on Acorn. Still no email or notification on SGS

21 minutes ago, Ekam said:

My admissions portal for UofT has a new column in the application checklist section that says “awaiting admission confirmation form”

Did you previously have “invited” and a deposit there before this or was yours not showing anything before ? 

23 minutes ago, indigo77 said:

Did you previously have “invited” and a deposit there before this or was yours not showing anything before ? 

yeah I previously had “invited” and a deposit before this