MSW Canadian Applications Fall 2024

jmcinn97

1 hour ago, ridgerr said:

That is brutal, I was hoping the beginning...

I agree, it is brutal. I read on their site it say beginning of April. If they had changed the date it would be nice if they had let us know that in some way. 

Sharing an update for the UBC Vancouver MSW Admissions for those who were also waiting on info.

I got my official offer letter today, I received an email this morning with the offer. 
Deadline to accept is April 7th 
Last name begins with L 

1 hour ago, Diana_Y said:

Hi, I'm new to this, but I would like to ask if anyone has any updates from WLU MSW.

I applied to the regular track and received an email today requesting info from my application, so I know that they're at least starting the review process. Target for regular track is end of April and advanced is end of March.. :( 

7 hours ago, kaiaya said:

I agree, it is brutal. I read on their site it say beginning of April. If they had changed the date it would be nice if they had let us know that in some way. 

I attended an info session last Thursday. They said that they had not made any decisions yet, that there were hundreds of applications, and that they were hoping to review them and make a decision by mid-April. 

3 hours ago, swhopeful444 said:

I applied to the regular track and received an email today requesting info from my application, so I know that they're at least starting the review process. Target for regular track is end of April and advanced is end of March.. :( 

While they are taking their sweet time, I'm so anxious; I want the news; I can't wait. let's hope for the best. I applied for the advanced one-full-year course

3 hours ago, Diana_Y said:

While they are taking their sweet time, I'm so anxious; I want the news; I can't wait. let's hope for the best. I applied for the advanced one-full-year course

Im literally dying of anxiety over here while other universities have sent out acceptances already. Also one year track here, and well tomorrow is end of March haha. 

1 hour ago, MSWtimeeee said:

Has anyone else gotten any information about their application status for York's MSW advanced standing program?

I currently attend York for my BSW but did not apply to York for my MSW, but one of my friends did and they were accepted into the program.

12 minutes ago, tiimhonks said:

I currently attend York for my BSW but did not apply to York for my MSW, but one of my friends did and they were accepted into the program.

Thanks for sharing, do you know when they got accepted?

2 minutes ago, MSWtimeeee said:

Thanks for sharing, do you know when they got accepted?

It was about a week ago now!

1 hour ago, sunsshyne444 said:

Just received my email acceptance from Laurier for the Advanced Standing in-person program! Last name starts with C

Congrats! I'm really happy for you. Have a lovely long weekend. I wish I had mine, tooooooo!!!

1 hour ago, casibtw said:

Anyone in here who's from Ontario get accepted to McGill? Just wanna make a friend :')

I didn’t apply to McGill (couldn’t cause they only have an advanced standing MSW), but I am from Montreal, so if I don’t get into Carleton (I’m waitlsited), then we can always hang out if you’d like! :)

3 hours ago, Diana_Y said:

Congrats! I'm really happy for you. Have a lovely long weekend. I wish I had mine, tooooooo!!!

Sameeee, but at least we know that we will most likely find out next week. I am an L.

16 hours ago, Lotusgirl said:

Anyone else waiting for Lakehead one-year HBSW decisions?

Hey, if it helps, I was accepted last year via email on April 4th and my last name begins with an O. 

16 hours ago, casibtw said:

Hey, if it helps, I was accepted last year via email on April 4th and my last name begins with an O. 

I received an acceptance email March 23th last year. My friend applied for this year and still hasn't heard yet so must be coming any day now!