Jump to content
  • 0

Applying to clinical psychology master's programs, please help



Hi, I am from India and I have completed my Bachelor's in Psychology and it was a three year degree. I am currently looking for clinical psychology master's programs in the US. I am really confused and having trouble shortlisting the universities to apply to. I am also uncertain about the career options I have once I complete the degree. I have been emailing universities about pursuing a Non-degree course since I have the time now and the credits could also be transferred. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest or let me know of the universities and programs i should be looking into and also elucidate on the different career paths people generally take. Thank you so much for taking the time😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 answer to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

In the US, to practice as a clinical psychologist, a person needs a PhD or a PsyD in clinical or counseling psychology. A mental health counseling masters degree can lead to licensure as a licensed counselor. You won’t find too many clinical psychology masters degrees since they don’t need really lead to much and are often research focused to help people improve their applications for doctoral programs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use