Fall 2024 PhD Religion!

survivedyesterday

Has anyone heard from Catholic University yet?

Also, does anyone know if Notre Dame is done interviewing? I haven't interviewed yet but also haven't been rejected. My name is at the end of the alphabet so I was just wondering if deliberations were still ongoing.

2 hours ago, aalena75 said:

UVA decisions are out. I was not admitted, but I am a little confused by the wording of the email. It says I was recommended by the Department for admissions. I wonder what happened.

I was not admitted, but mine also says that I was recommended by the Department of Religious Studies for admission. I'm confused too..

Just now, Hesed2023 said:

I was not admitted, but mine also says that I was recommended by the Department of Religious Studies for admission. I'm confused too..

I’ve received admissions worded this way from other programs. It’s a formal process, but I think you can assume you’ve been admitted. 

4 minutes ago, Hesed2023 said:

I spoke to my two POIs. It means the recommendation from the department was for rejection. The wording was confusing, though.

31 minutes ago, PonderingPerson400 said:

Just rejected from Harvard 

Same. Hurts especially as someone currently at HDS who had professors show great interest in their project. Oh well. Brown here I come—just officially committed!!

5 minutes ago, nmaltec said:

Same. Hurts especially as someone currently at HDS who had professors show great interest in their project. Oh well. Brown here I come—just officially committed!!

Congratulations!! Yeah, I'm an alumnus of HDS, so it somewhat stings. But I have 3 schools left, so I'm betting on at least one to pull through!

15 hours ago, soiduts said:

Rejected from Harvard as well.

Has anyone heard news either way from UChicago Divinity? Also, is anyone still waiting to hear from Emory?

I have a feeling we will hear from UChicago at the end of their quarter, which is Saturday March 9. So maybe by the end of next week?