MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

On 1/31/2024 at 6:03 AM, connie 08 said:

Hii!! congrats on the good interview. I was wondering if they let you know when you'd hear back with a decision? 

Thank you!!!! He told me that the results will come out in about 2-3weeks. :’)… 

4 hours ago, iamscared said:

Is anyone else applying to Pratt fine arts did u hear anything  for interviews

from the past year's record, pratt conducted interviews around Mar 6-Mar 9. But they would immediately send out decision letters one or two days after the interview 

1 hour ago, Benz555 said:

Wasup everyone, I applied to Columbia, Yale, Saic & VCU got a interview at Columbia on the 17th. And I applied to sculpture and photo anyone heard back from the other schools named?

Do you have an interview with photo or sculpture?

1 hour ago, Benz555 said:

Wasup everyone, I applied to Columbia, Yale, Saic & VCU got a interview at Columbia on the 17th. And I applied to sculpture and photo anyone heard back from the other schools named?

Congratulations on the interview! Did they send you an email or did they call you to set up an interview? 

lurker here, figured I might as well try to be helpful... 

I applied to 8 programs: 

RISD Sculpture 

Yale Sculpture

Cornell

Rutgers

VCU Sculpture 

UCSD

CalArts 

UCLA Ceramics

*all art interdisciplinary if not listed with a medium

CalArts just sent an invite to interview day on 2/29. Haven't heard from anywhere else. 

Hey-- Just got an interview for calarts. 

It's an optional in person (encouraged) interview day in a few weeks or a zoom situation. I'm planning on going in person anyways because there's a few other schools I applied to in LA that I need to look at in person. 

Has anyone had any luck requesting travel/hotel accommodations in the past? I've read from others that some other schools have funded their stay (saw some people post about it with northwestern last year), but I understand that northwestern is a research school with a ton of funding and usually pretty generous.

They don't say anything about paying for arrangments in the email 

I'll probably try to see if I can get two nights booked and maybe the flight there with them to save money but will end up going/staying for around 4 days regardless. was just curious if anyone knows what I should expect 

Hi! 

I applied to the 7 following programs: 

RISD Painting 

Yale Painting/Printmaking

Cornell

Columbia Painting

RCA

UCL

Oxford (invited for interview)

*haven't heard from the rest as of yet

hellloooo.  so i applied to fine arts programs some of which are sculpture degrees or fine arts with concentration in sculpture blah blah blah:) so here whats up with me.  

yale (nothing yet)

ut austin (interview coming in a few days)

rutgers (nothing yet)

saic (nothing)

washington uni st louis (nothing) 

cuny hunter (nothing)

columbia (nothing)

ucla (nothing)

I had a terrible gpa but good portfolio and recommendations 

10 hours ago, Benz555 said:

went to vcu for undergrad it was awesome 

On 1/29/2024 at 6:11 PM, mfaapplicant said:

Just got an interview invitation from RISD D+M. They only allow applicants to select the date, but don't allow requests for any specific time of the day, which is kinda weird...

How did the interview go ? Did they say anything 

12 minutes ago, mfaapplicant said:

It went well! They said they ask all the applicants the same questions (it's pretty standard) & I will be notified in 2 weeks.

Any chance you'd let us know the list of questions?

16 minutes ago, mfaapplicant said:

It went well! They said they ask all the applicants the same questions (it's pretty standard) & I will be notified in 2 weeks.

oh okay so I think that means they are done with interview invites 😕 

Hey all, 

I've been lurking for a bit. I have a focus in ceramics and I applied to 5 schools:

University of Washington

University of Colorado Boulder

University of Oregon

University of California San Bernardino 

and Pacific Northwest College of Art 

So far, I have been selected as a finalist for the University of Oregon and I did a phone interview Wednesday - They said I should hear back within 2-3 weeks. 

Good luck these next few weeks, everyone!