MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

1 minute ago, WEBdaboi said:

Congratulations! I was accepted with assistantship funding. I can give more details over DM 

thanks that would be great! and congrats to you toooo!

Edited by coolgirl

5 minutes ago, Gradboriss said:

Has anyone been accepted to Cranbrook? I'm curious if anyone has ever tried negotiation for more scholarship. 

did you hear back from them yet?  Which program?

Received an acceptance email from SAIC this morning. (fibers) Does anyone know if the merit scholarships have already been sent out/ where to access them? 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea H said:

Accepted via email (11:30am Friday March 8 ) to Hoffberger painting at MICA! $26k merit scholarship, so that’s about 50% of tuition 

still waiting to hear from Rinehart (sculpture) at MICA too lol

I went there for undergrad!!  Love the MICA community!!

This forum was the closest thing that I found to what I'm seeking, but I didn't actually apply to an MFA. I did, however, apply to two of MICA's MA programs and have received one decision so far (acceptance to the GD MA). I have specific goals that this track made more sense for, so I'm really, really excited. Their merit scholarship offer is generous. I'm also not geographically mobile at present so having such a great program in my backyard is fortunate. 

1 hour ago, gghiccup said:

still waiting to hear from Rinehart (sculpture) at MICA too lol

I went there for undergrad!!  Love the MICA community!!

I was surprised to get notified this early into March since the website just says “by April” but it looks like decisions are going out in department batches—good luck!! 
Awe that’s good to hear, I’m going to schedule a visit in the next couple weeks bc getting a sense of the environment/community is super important to me 😊

Yall!! Accepted to MICA’s Mount Royal program a few hours ago! It looks like I got a 22,995 merit scholarship, which is very cool to say the least! Hope everyone is hearing good things back🥰