MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

10 minutes ago, coolgirl said:

just got rejection from yale in the application portal

Oh no. Sorry. Where are you looking? All I have access to is application management. Many status just says submitted. 

Edited by Copperpot

Just learned that I was accepted into SUNY New Paltz's MFA Studio Art: Photography & Related Media program, my first ever grad school acceptance :).

I haven't posted here in about three weeks. I've seen people posting about interview invitations from Columbia and RISD, and congrats to all you guys! Haven't heard from them, so I'm assuming a rejection is coming down the pike lol. Still waiting to hear back from Yale, SUNY Purchase, Hunter, Bard, and UDelaware (all photo).

I relate so much to the stress I see in this forum. I hope all of you are staying healthy, taking care of yourselves, and being productive while we're playing the waiting game. Additionally, congrats to everyone on the interviews and acceptances.

3 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

Oh no. Sorry. Where are you looking? All I have access to is application management. 

I applied for graphic design btw so it might just be for that area, but I got an email there was an update to my applicant portal and checked the update and it was the rejection letter

3 minutes ago, paintgal said:

Also just got a Yale rejection, but also got an odd "encouraging message in regards to future candidacy" basically saying try again in a few years. is this boiler plate / did anyone else/ everyone else get this?

What discipline?

18 minutes ago, paintgal said:

Also just got a Yale rejection, but also got an odd "encouraging message in regards to future candidacy" basically saying try again in a few years. is this boiler plate / did anyone else/ everyone else get this?

I got that wording as well (from yale painting)--also curious if this is something everyone received

4 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

I applied to both painting and sculpture at Yale. No email or rejection yet. This is nerve wracking. 

same, i applied to painting/printmaking and i haven't received an email or rejection, and nothing about my portal has changed. now i am sitting here refreshing gmail like a crazy person

this entire process has taken years off my life

Edited by Gaara

2 minutes ago, murmur said:

I also haven't received anything from Yale. ahh what does this mean? don't they send out everything at the same time?

this is my first time applying but someone I know applied last year and they never heard anything back ?? Never received the rejection in the portal like I did, and they were applying for same area

9 minutes ago, murmur said:

I also haven't received anything from Yale. ahh what does this mean? don't they send out everything at the same time?

I'm guessing they're sending out emails little by little to avoid technical issues? Mine has a last name start with Z so maybe they haven't gotten there yet??? Idk, it is nerve wrecking and this is just my guessing....

6 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

Maybe it goes in order of applying? I submitted on the deadline. 

I submitted mine ten days before the deadline...still no emails.

5 minutes ago, coolgirl said:

this is my first time applying but someone I know applied last year and they never heard anything back ?? Never received the rejection in the portal like I did, and they were applying for same area

that's.... cruel to say the least. did your friend ever reach out?? I don't think they would do that on purpose. it must have been a tech issue?

7 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

Maybe it goes in order of applying? I submitted on the deadline. 

I applied maybe a week in advance so I don't think it's that.

Ideally they send out rejections and invites in the same time frame but sometimes schools have a tendency to send out rejections and acceptances seperatley 

Seems like a lot of people haven't heard in this thread, but hopefully that means more acceptances and they'll be sent out i the next few hours or tomorrow at the latest and not that they have to do another round of cuts

no news yet is hopefully good news!

31 minutes ago, Gaara said:

same, i applied to painting/printmaking and i haven't received an email or rejection, and nothing about my portal has changed. now i am sitting here refreshing gmail like a crazy person

this entire process has taken years off my life

same im also refreshing my stupid gmail ugh.....yales chokehold on us dear lord

3 minutes ago, murmur said:

that's.... cruel to say the least. did your friend ever reach out?? I don't think they would do that on purpose. it must have been a tech issue?

I applied maybe a week in advance so I don't think it's that.

Yeah I applied a few days before the deadline I think. And I don’t think she ever reached out, I don’t think she was ever seriously expecting to get in so she wasn’t too concerned. But yeah maybe just a tech error? 

How are you guys finding past interview/acceptance dates? I've been trying to look for a time frame for CU Boulder and UW Seattle, but I've been scrolling and scrolling in last years forum and cant seem to find anything. Is there a faster way I dont know about? 

3 minutes ago, bunnie99 said:

How are you guys finding past interview/acceptance dates? I've been trying to look for a time frame for CU Boulder and UW Seattle, but I've been scrolling and scrolling in last years forum and cant seem to find anything. Is there a faster way I dont know about? 

You can use the search in the Visual forum as a whole. Just type in the school or whatever keyword and it'll show you the results from each forum year

Edited by btwnthetides