MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

2 hours ago, Wherearethelettersomfg said:

Anyone else know anything about UCLA decisions (post-interview)?  

Heyy, I don't know about all the departments but sculpture sent out acceptances a while ago (early March) and rejections were sent one or two days prior to acceptances. interviews happened mid February for that department. Updates on rejection/acceptance were in the portal and notifications to check the portal were sent by email. I don't recall persons on this forum talking about being waitlisted so perhaps waitlisted persons weren't contacted? This part I don't have any concrete details on, just assuming.

1 hour ago, Showtime123 said:

Heyy, I don't know about all the departments but sculpture sent out acceptances a while ago (early March) and rejections were sent one or two days prior to acceptances. interviews happened mid February for that department. Updates on rejection/acceptance were in the portal and notifications to check the portal were sent by email. I don't recall persons on this forum talking about being waitlisted so perhaps waitlisted persons weren't contacted? This part I don't have any concrete details on, just assuming.

Thank you! That might be it! 

28 minutes ago, Wherearethelettersomfg said:

🫠same! I applied to New Genres

Still I don’t understand why they wouldn’t let us know if we were waitlisted

I know! Just no updates on the application portal or anything. Have you emailed any of the professors? Idk how much longer to wait. I heard funding is pretty good at UCLA, and my other waitlist is a fully funded program. So I am in limbo in responding to my other offers lol

Edited by MagentaCrab

1 minute ago, MagentaCrab said:

I know! Just no updates on the application portal or anything. Have you emailed any of the professors? Idk how much longer to wait 

If we are waitlisted, I’m guessing they will let us know on April 15th (that’s what I recall from the interview)

I emailed the general art department contact earlier, I hope they can give me some clarity! If you contact anyone (and they respond) please keep me posted🙏

1 hour ago, Wherearethelettersomfg said:

If we are waitlisted, I’m guessing they will let us know on April 15th (that’s what I recall from the interview)

I emailed the general art department contact earlier, I hope they can give me some clarity! If you contact anyone (and they respond) please keep me posted🙏

I have also not heard back (DMA) and after going thru past years threads it's most likely a waitlist. In past years, people have called and are notified of their waitlist standing w/o a letter. 🥸  

35 minutes ago, miamelonbabygirlmiao said:

I have also not heard back (DMA) and after going thru past years threads it's most likely a waitlist. In past years, people have called and are notified of their waitlist standing w/o a letter. 🥸  

That’s awful🫠 I’m probably gonna accept other offers before they send the official acceptance or rejection letter

waitlisted at rutgers for design, going to ask for a general time frame but does anyone know in the meantime? what is typically the latest universities will tell you you're off waitlist?