MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

1 hour ago, Timecompanion said:

May I ask what kind of “full ride” you’re given by Rutgers? It’s on their website that their TAship is only 6hours a week, plus NY metropolitan area it’s still far away from a normal living expense

I mean a merit award as a fellowship that covers the tuition, which covers a two-year term.  Yeah, it is so expensive....PTL and Co-ad won't cover much for the living.. Also, there are fees totaling approximately $1,700 per semester that a student needs to pay..

2 minutes ago, Wifi0000 said:

I mean a merit award as a fellowship that covers the tuition, which covers a two-year term.  Yeah, it is so expensive....PTL and Co-ad won't cover much for the living.. Also, there are fees totaling approximately $1,700 per semester that a student needs to pay..

1.7k student fees per semester?! Wtf..if I were you I’d rather go to UMD because college park is cheaper indeed (at least cheaper for foods/transportation..); I won’t apply for Rutgers anymore 

11 minutes ago, sad face said:

nope

ok so I heard through the grapevine that ArtCenter doesn't really give anyone any money!!!  I got 23k from Otis so if I want to be in LA I have an option that will be feasible.  Everyone I know who has gone to ArtCenter could pay out of pocket.  I am going to do some more research and call campus (dm me if you want, I'll update you) but right now it doesn't seem realistic to me.

3 hours ago, yosemite119 said:

Yep, Rutgers for MFA Design

Hmm, I got a decision last week. Perhaps, they send it to internationals first 🤔 

4 hours ago, bunnyblues said:

Hi! Has anyone heard back from Columbia Painting? Still waiting for results, although not entirely hopeful

nope, haven't heard anything yet either. they really are taking their sweet time ig 

8 hours ago, Wherearethelettersomfg said:

Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from some programs after the interviews? 

Haven’t received any email from Columbia Sculpture yet😢

Whether its rejection or a waiting list..

Has anyone received their financial aid package from Yale yet? They said we would receive it approximately 14 days after we got the acceptance letter which would have been yesterday the 19th but I still haven't heard anything 😕

6 hours ago, DesyDes said:

Hmm, I got a decision last week. Perhaps, they send it to internationals first 🤔 

I interviewed March 8th in person, when did you? And if you were accepted, what is your financial package?   

12 minutes ago, meeep said:

Has anyone received their financial aid package from Yale yet? They said we would receive it approximately 14 days after we got the acceptance letter which would have been yesterday the 19th but I still haven't heard anything 😕

i don’t have anything yet either. 

7 hours ago, nanaaaa said:

nope, haven't heard anything yet either. they really are taking their sweet time ig 

Haven't heard anything either. Its been a while at this point😭 like

I emailed Pratt this morning asking when the decision will be made since I have looming deadlines from other programs. And I literally received the decision letter just 2 HOURS after I sent the email. This feels like a JOKE. But thanks Pratt :) 

7 minutes ago, auklame said:

has anyone contacted yale directly to know the reason of the delay of the funding packages? I was hoping to get it yesterday

I emailed about a week ago but didn’t get a response yet. Maybe calling by phone is an option?

1 hour ago, DesyDes said:

I emailed about a week ago but didn’t get a response yet. Maybe calling by phone is an option?

I'm not sure but if someone can do it I would appreciate it since i am international