Fall 2024 Admissions

siubhan

Just got an interview request for Vanderbilt Phd in Anthropology (bioarchaeology focus) this afternoon! Haven't heard back from my other schools other than Ohio State which rejected me outright (I have a suspicion the professor I wanted to work for ultimately decided not to take a student and retire soon). 

Also I applied to 8 programs! 

1. UC Berkeley 

2. Harvard

3. Vanderbilt

4. Arizona State 

5. Stanford 

6. Cornell

7. Brown

8. Ohio State 

Edited by hms59

22 hours ago, ceracera said:

Thank you for sharing! I am sure you have done your interview well with Yale, and also get more invites really soon! Are you an arch track or a sociocultural track? Cheers😌 

Hey, I've applied for the Socio-cultural track.

Hey fellas! Bioanthro Ph.D. applicants here! Still heard nothing from NYU, Upenn, Penn State, Stony Brook, UT-Austin. I also applied to HEB at Harvard and the Integrative Anatomical Science at USC, still heard nothing...This is my second round and I am really anxious tbh... By the way, I also applied to TAMU, WUSTL, and CUNY🤕

Hey! I've just posted two updates about the interviews at CUNY and Pitt (sociocultural)
I had a 15-minute official interview with 3 faculty members at the University of Pittsburgh. And it was fine, just classical questions about the project, why PhD, why this program. that's all. 

At CUNY there were 2 conversations. an informal one with a graduate student: for me to ask questions about the program. 
And an official interview with a faculty member from the committee (the one I didn't mention in SOP). I was horrible..so nervous, that I almost couldn't breathe ((
the questions were again about the theoretical framework of the project, why CUNY, about the faculty members I would like to work with, and how I came up with the idea of the project.

11 hours ago, Starlt94 said:

Canadian applicant here!

I applied to:

Yale

McMaster

Western

Our universities usually don't have an interview process. Would it be safe to say I would have heard from Yale by now?

Hi! I think it could depend on the subfield you applied with. I'm unfamiliar with Yale and their application process, but based on the last several years, it seems like interviews/acceptances aren't on a very consistent schedule (which is unfortunate for your sanity I'm sure). Rejections are consistent tho, so you'll probably know by the 3rd week of February ish.

I saw on the results that a few people heard back rejections from Cornell today. I have heard nothing (no interview request, no acceptance, no waitlist, no rejection) from them. Does anyone know if this is a good thing? 

Also got rejected from UC Berkeley yesterday, which wasn't too surprising but still disappointing. POI emailed me and was super nice. 

For anyone interviewing at Rutgers, here's some additional information:

"I believe I mentioned that we were interviewing everyone on our “medium list,” including you. That group compromises about the top 25% of applicants (or 20 people). From among them, we will have to select a “short list” of three to admit and then an alternates list if and when some of those people decline."

On 1/30/2024 at 7:02 AM, Starlt94 said:

Canadian applicant here!

I applied to:

Yale

McMaster

Western

Our universities usually don't have an interview process. Would it be safe to say I would have heard from Yale by now?

Got accepted to Western!

13 hours ago, sigfig2000 said:

I received a rejection from Berkeley yesterday. Accepted at University of Georgia today though!

I hope I hear back from Georgia soon, but I'm pretty sure I've already been soft-rejected since I didn't get an interview.

On 2/14/2024 at 10:02 PM, sigfig2000 said:

I received a rejection from Berkeley yesterday. Accepted at University of Georgia today though!

Hi, did you receive an official letter from Georgia or was it informal from your poi?

8 hours ago, jocebell said:

Hi, did you receive an official letter from Georgia or was it informal from your poi?

I got a weird email about setting up my MyUGA account that I will use for the duration of my email. Logged into the portal to see if there was any new info, and found the official acceptance letter from the university. Haven't heard any specific funding info yet (other than fully funded from the POI/interview).

On 2/16/2024 at 6:13 PM, sigfig2000 said:

I got a weird email about setting up my MyUGA account that I will use for the duration of my email. Logged into the portal to see if there was any new info, and found the official acceptance letter from the university. Haven't heard any specific funding info yet (other than fully funded from the POI/interview).

Thanks for replying! I emailed the department and official letters will be out later this week with funding info and everything.