Fall 2024 Admissions

siubhan

Hey all just curious if anyone has heard back from either Princeton (saw one acceptance on the 15th), Berkeley, or Northwestern Sociocultural Anthropology. Been waiting to hear back since the interviews, and it's nerve-wracking. Have people also heard from Columbia/NYU/UCLA/UC Davis-- haven't gotten interviews from them, although I did talk with someone from NYU before I sent in my app. Cheers!

On 1/22/2024 at 3:54 PM, IndyJ said:

Posting again to also claim the recent UCSB archaeology acceptance. Similarly I didn’t interview but I had talked with POI twice before applying. Seems like UC schools are making moves today so good luck to everyone! 💚

Have you heard from the anthro department about funding yet? My POI emailed me about my acceptance and said I would get the official university notification and funding info soon. I got the university acceptance  but it's been a few weeks and I haven't heard anything else from the department yet.

Just now, sigfig2000 said:

Have you heard from the anthro department about funding yet? My POI emailed me about my acceptance and said I would get the official university notification and funding info soon. I got the university acceptance  but it's been a few weeks and I haven't heard anything else from the department yet.

No I’m in the same boat, haven’t heard anything since the email from the POI and the official acceptance. Hopefully they’ll get back to us soon! 

Hey y'all, I've received three rejections so far (Stanford, UC Irvine, and Yale), and am waiting on hearing from UT Austin. My hopes are pretty low right now as I am applying right out of undergrad...does anyone know of any terminal MA programs? I know they have to be out there I just can't seem to find any - I think it'd definitely help my application in future cycles if I already had an MA

47 minutes ago, j1nbrg said:

Hey y'all, I've received three rejections so far (Stanford, UC Irvine, and Yale), and am waiting on hearing from UT Austin. My hopes are pretty low right now as I am applying right out of undergrad...does anyone know of any terminal MA programs? I know they have to be out there I just can't seem to find any - I think it'd definitely help my application in future cycles if I already had an MA

UMass Boston has a super solid program... especially if you're into historical arch. It's partially funded too.  North Dakota State University has a masters program with some super cool professors. I believe it is fully funded as well. Going abroad and doing a Masters in Europe is always an option too, although it's definelty not the same as a US based masters. Depending on what you want to do that may be totally fine. It won't necessarily save you time if you go back and do your Ph.D, but it would demonstrate research abilities. 

4 hours ago, j1nbrg said:

Wichita State!! Also I'm applying to Georgia State's MA program right now. But Wichita State also has a free field school this summer in Texas they are accepting 9 students to.

14 hours ago, j1nbrg said:

I would suggest doing a masters in the UK. It’s a year long commitment and valid here as well. You can also get a more specialized degree. 

18 hours ago, j1nbrg said:

UCF has a good MA program, and they sometimes fund students at the MA level. It might also be helpful to ask the professors you want to work with if they're doing fieldwork this summer and if you can join them. Having personal connections will usually help in the application process. Also, it might give you an opportunity to do a small research project that can be presented at a conference somewhere.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:29 AM, jocebell said:

Thanks for replying! I emailed the department and official letters will be out later this week with funding info and everything.

Have you heard from Georgia yet?

1 hour ago, jocebell said:

Same! I don't know what this means 🤷‍♀️

I heard there was a shooting yesterday at UGA so they didn't have school today, so maybe we'll hear Monday?

On 2/19/2024 at 10:32 AM, sigfig2000 said:

My POI actually sent me an email yesterday saying that the final official acceptance letters and financial packages will be sent out in mid-late March. 

17 hours ago, sigfig2000 said:

I got the official funding offer from the anthro department on Thursday. The official university acceptance was in my portal last Wednesday though.

Which track did you apply to?

1 hour ago, IndyJ said:

My POI actually sent me an email yesterday saying that the final official acceptance letters and financial packages will be sent out in mid-late March. 

I got an email about it too! I didn't realize it would be that much later but at least there's a timeline now!