Fall 2024 Admissions

siubhan

2 minutes ago, IndyJ said:

They did say that the online interview was the "next step of the admissions process" in the email to schedule the interview - but you never know! They said they'd be doing interviews over the next couple of weeks and if I remember right said that people would be hearing back by the end of February. But maybe take that with a grain of salt bc I was incredibly nervous and it was v early in the morning for me. 

when did you get the email about interviewing?

9 minutes ago, IndyJ said:

They did say that the online interview was the "next step of the admissions process" in the email to schedule the interview - but you never know! They said they'd be doing interviews over the next couple of weeks and if I remember right said that people would be hearing back by the end of February. But maybe take that with a grain of salt bc I was incredibly nervous and it was v early in the morning for me. 

Yeah that's what I was told during my interview too!

7 minutes ago, siubhan said:

when did you get the email about interviewing?

I got the invite a few days before Christmas to schedule a mid-jan interview, but for all I know maybe they'll be doing waves of invites. Fingers crossed! 💚

6 hours ago, titus_sloan said:

Likewise, haven't come across anyone who has received invites from UM, Yale or CUNY so not sure if those result updates are untrue or they're not very active on here haha! 

I just finished my interview for Brown. I got an invite for Michigan too

1 hour ago, AnthroBabe said:

I just finished my interview for Brown. I got an invite for Michigan too

Are you in the archaeology track or the sociocultural track? How did the interview go so far? I hope it went well. Sending luck your way!

Edited by ceracera

Hello everyone!

I applied to the University of Toronto (archaeology subfield) this year. This is my 3rd go around at the psychological warfare that is graduate applications lol. If I don't get into a program this time, I figure I'll give it a rest for a while. It is nice to see other people who have gone through a couple of rounds though.

Good luck to you all!

I interviewed for Michigan this week. I think they're doing interviews this week and next. Questions were real toughies -- felt like they were trying to really prove something! But enjoyed meeting some folks. Sociocultural.

for people who've gone through interviews, what kind of questions have they been asking y'all? i have literally no clue what to expect because i don't know ANYONE else who's applying for anth programs lol. i'm sociocultural / med anth if that helps.

Edited by sudaknees

2 hours ago, sudaknees said:

for people who've gone through interviews, what kind of questions have they been asking y'all? i have literally no clue what to expect because i don't know ANYONE else who's applying for anth programs lol. i'm sociocultural / med anth if that helps.

Hey, which places are you interviewing at?

7 hours ago, titus_sloan said:

Hey, which places are you interviewing at?

i don't officially have any interviews yet, just an unofficial heads-up from a professor! it was more of a general question because this is my first app cycle (i'm applying straight out of undergrad) and this is all super new to me. i don't think any of the schools i applied to have sent out interview invites yet.

Edited by sudaknees

Hey jumping in on this! I applied to UCLA, UCSD & Stanford!! (For med/sociocultural anth) Good luck to everyone! Hope 2024 is a good one!

P.S does anyone know if UCSD does interviews at all? I didn’t see anything about interviews on their website. 

Thanks!!

Edited by Mooshie

On 1/19/2024 at 8:52 PM, GradR2D2 said:

Hello everyone!

I applied to the University of Toronto (archaeology subfield) this year. This is my 3rd go around at the psychological warfare that is graduate applications lol. If I don't get into a program this time, I figure I'll give it a rest for a while. It is nice to see other people who have gone through a couple of rounds though.

Good luck to you all!

I'm a Toronto arch applicant as well : ) seems like they'll start sending decisions soon? 

8 hours ago, ArchaeoBot said:

I'm a Toronto arch applicant as well : ) seems like they'll start sending decisions soon? 

Yeah, I think they usually send out acceptances around February 2nd, so only a couple of weeks! Where else are you applying, if any?

Feel free to DM me if you want :)

45 minutes ago, IndyJ said:

Just got an “informal” acceptance email from Berkeley from my PI! I’m so surprised and super excited since it’s my first choice/dream school! Didn’t have an interview but had talked to them before and I applied for the archaeology track. 

Awesome!!

5 hours ago, IndyJ said:

Just got an “informal” acceptance email from Berkeley from my PI! I’m so surprised and super excited since it’s my first choice/dream school! Didn’t have an interview but had talked to them before and I applied for the archaeology track. 

Congrats! Which PI was it?

I got interview invites from Yale and NYU. Yale interview just wrapped up yesterday. It was kinda terrible to say the least. The faculty interviewers were really nice, but my anxiety got the best of me. 

They asked extremely expected questions on what's your reasearch about, and why Yale. But I seemed to have answered even those quite inadequately.

Hoping that I get more invites and the next interviews are better than Yale's. 

P.S: Yale will wrap all interviews in a 2 week period. (Starting from last week). NYU will do all of them between 29-31 January.

Cheers and hoping for the best for all of us.

2 hours ago, ajxcity said:

I got interview invites from Yale and NYU. Yale interview just wrapped up yesterday. It was kinda terrible to say the least. The faculty interviewers were really nice, but my anxiety got the best of me. 

They asked extremely expected questions on what's your reasearch about, and why Yale. But I seemed to have answered even those quite inadequately.

Hoping that I get more invites and the next interviews are better than Yale's. 

P.S: Yale will wrap all interviews in a 2 week period. (Starting from last week). NYU will do all of them between 29-31 January.

Cheers and hoping for the best for all of us.

Thank you for sharing! I am sure you have done your interview well with Yale, and also get more invites really soon! Are you an arch track or a sociocultural track? Cheers😌 

On 1/20/2024 at 6:42 AM, sudaknees said:

Hey! For interviews I've done for the archaeology track they've been pretty standard job/academic interview questions. It was largely open-ended stuff similar to the SOP/Diversity Statement prompts like "can you tell me about your research interests and how you developed them", "what drew you to [university]", etc then also some traditional hiring questions like "can you tell me about a time you failed and what you did to fix it" and "where do you see yourself in 5/10 years". So far I haven't had any interviews that felt like they were trying to give me a pop quiz or anything like that. They also pretty much always have time at the end for you to ask them questions so it's not a bad idea to have a few options ready to go!