2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum

LivingUnderABigRock

33 minutes ago, jadedoptimist said:

I just got a Vandy waitlist email 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Congrats!! 🎉🎉 fingers crossed you get in!

I wonder if that means fiction acceptances and waitlists will go out by the end of this week 😬

20 minutes ago, Jersh said:

Congrats!! 🎉🎉 fingers crossed you get in!

I wonder if that means fiction acceptances and waitlists will go out by the end of this week 😬

Thank you sm :)) Hoping for good news for all of you fiction applicants!!

I’m assuming they’re still moving down the list, but are any other folks still waiting on the JHU rejection email?

Also, anyone with info on UC Riverside? It looks like they released results around this time last year.

Thank you!!!

2 minutes ago, epr said:

I’m assuming they’re still moving down the list, but are any other folks still waiting on the JHU rejection email?

Also, anyone with info on UC Riverside? It looks like they released results around this time last year.

Thank you!!!

I'm still waiting on the JHU rejection email and I feel kind of ridiculous. They're just rejecting me, so can't they send out all the rejection emails at once instead of whatever this slow prolonged torture is 😭 Like at this point I just want to be able to cross it off my list! 

Y'ALL!!!! I just missed a call from Belle Boggs at NCSU. Surely, surely, surely that means good news? I've texted her and we have another time set up to talk, but I'm actually going to dissolve in anticipation before then.... I'm in Durham but from Texas, so NCSU and Michener are my top 2 programs. How do I distract myself until she calls?????

21 minutes ago, lemmmein said:

Y'ALL!!!! I just missed a call from Belle Boggs at NCSU. Surely, surely, surely that means good news? I've texted her and we have another time set up to talk, but I'm actually going to dissolve in anticipation before then.... I'm in Durham but from Texas, so NCSU and Michener are my top 2 programs. How do I distract myself until she calls?????

I don't think programs ever call with bad news:) Congratulations!! I'm so so happy for you!!

And congrats, jadedoptimist!!!

3 minutes ago, lemmmein said:

The cruelty!! But no! Just got off the phone again, and I'm in! Cohort of 6 for fiction, 179 applications this year. Slightly in tears!

Also yes, congrats @jadedoptimist!! Vandy is huge!!

Congratulations!!! 

19 minutes ago, a moor said:

any information regarding brooklyn college/rutgers-camden notifications? is it usually around march or have folks been notified already?

I haven’t been notified about Rutgers but according to the draft spreadsheet folks started getting notices around late February. 

Hi all!

I'm a new GradCafe member and Playwriting MFA hopeful.

Any other playwriting applicants here? (Not that I don't love all the fiction and poetry chatter! 😉🤍)

This is my second time applying. I'd already been through multiple rounds of reviews and an interview by this time last year. This year, total silence. I've applied to Yale, Brown, BU, Northwestern, Michener Center, and Edinburgh (MSc).

I've heard from Edinburgh but nowhere in the US. Anyone else seeing different results or are we all in limbo together?

15 minutes ago, lemmmein said:

The cruelty!! But no! Just got off the phone again, and I'm in! Cohort of 6 for fiction, 179 applications this year. Slightly in tears!

Also yes, congrats @jadedoptimist!! Vandy is huge!!

Yay!!!  Congrats!!!!  Is that program fully funded?

3 hours ago, jadedoptimist said:

I just got a Vandy waitlist email 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Wow. That’s big. Congratulations. 

So much great news, I love to see it!!! CONGRATS YALL!!! 💜💜💜

3 hours ago, epr said:

Thank you!!!

3 hours ago, saramsarang said:

I'm still waiting on the JHU rejection email and I feel kind of ridiculous. They're just rejecting me, so can't they send out all the rejection emails at once instead of whatever this slow prolonged torture is 😭 Like at this point I just want to be able to cross it off my list! 

I'm still waiting too-- my bet is that the portal is set up so that someone has to manually select a drop-down menu to reject every person individually which sends out an auto-email. I've worked with systems like that before that have no mass select option 😅 So the wait may be reliant on whatever poor soul they have clicking menus for 500 people lol

1 hour ago, a moor said:

any information regarding brooklyn college/rutgers-camden notifications? is it usually around march or have folks been notified already?

Brooklyn usually starts interviewing people and accepting/waitlisting them in early-mid March, with rejections in late March

Just got waitlisted at Minnesota! Logging into my applicant portal was beyond stressful, but that makes two waitlists and zero rejections so far, which is making me feel very, very tentatively positive about the next few months. And I'm especially thrilled for everyone who's gotten acceptances so far!