Northwestern

EdLearnin'

Any word on Northwestern or when their decisions will (or in the past have been) be released? Im dying over here.

Per the results page, it looks like mid February is when we'll start hearing from Northwestern...

Could be worse!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got rejected. I just randomly checked the my application and my decision was there. It wasn't too much of a surprise. I was hoping that one of my letter writers being an alumnus of the graduate program would be helpful but alas.

Just checked as well and also had a rejection. It was my top choice, but I knew it was a long shot. Guess we're not safe from notifications during the weekend, after all.

One thing i noticed on the results page is that Northwestern seems to send out its decisions just before the second weekend in February, but I didn't realize their application deadline was earlier this year. Either way, it seems we should all know within the next handful of days.

Rejected.

I'm not super broken up about it. I wanted to go there obviously, but NW was always going to be a long shot, and my top two choices are still in play (though, they remain long shots as well). I'm not going to start freaking out until I get down to my last three apps or so.

Vladimir -

You were already accepted to OSU? I guess that doesn't bode well for those of us who applied but haven't heard anything. I'm starting to interpret other people's acceptance and my lack thereof as an automatic rejection, just that they take a lot longer to reject than accept. Oh well.

Edited by HistoryGrizzly