BFA fine art to Art histroy MA or PHD

kkkoi

hey guys ! I'm currently a BFA in Fine art student in Sweden. I have a strong passion on both fine art practice and art theory/ histroy. My goal is to become a phd student in art histroy / theory area.

My tutor told me it is not possible at all due to i have no background or traning in the filed related with these topic, the program itself are dedicated to letting you become a professional studio artist. But i dont want to just give up on here, can you give me more advises on it :) ? (for example, what should i prepare , activities, papers etc. ) My tutor just refuse to answer me about these. 

Thank you for your reading. have a niceday ! 

Do you take art history classes in your BFA program? If so, can you take more? It's possible to switch fields for graduate school, but you'd need to demonstrate familiarity with art history methodology (for example, the University of Toronto's art history program allows anyone to apply, regardless of their undergraduate degree, but requires that you have taken at least 5 art history classes). You'd also need to take courses that require lengthy writing and research papers. Work experience like an internship at an art museum or gallery would also be very helpful for your application.