nauseated Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 crickets for me since my Michener rejection and JHU silence-cum-rejection. only NWP and Brown left so I have 99% accepted my lack of MFA-ness this year. but would like to KNOWWWWW
exvat Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 4 minutes ago, nauseated said: crickets for me since my Michener rejection and JHU silence-cum-rejection. only NWP and Brown left so I have 99% accepted my lack of MFA-ness this year. but would like to KNOWWWWW Fingers crossed for yooouuuuu 🤞🤞 May you be at eeeeease 🙏 Blueruins 1
thelovelyunkown Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Brown Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ I heard this worked in the past so 🤞 Chex, streetsign, Blueruins and 8 others 10 1
ksiezniczka.monisia Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 (edited) So, I got accepted to Alaska at Fairbanks, which is great, BUT - waitlisted for TA (and from what I see on draft, so did everybody else), BUT their TA seems... pathetic. They potentially offer 50% tuition remission, so I'd still have to chip in, and less than $25/h with teaching load at 15h/week. So, with such a teaching load AND with classes, AND with writing, there's no way I could keep a job. And I'd have to live off $375/week. And still pay half the tuition. So, sounds great, but does it? Edited March 4, 2025 by ksiezniczka.monisia
everything bagel lover Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 9 hours ago, Mystic_Sunshine said: please tell me that next week won't be torturous and silent because of spring break. Someone sedate me. I only looked up schools I’ve applied to (UNLV, Boulder, Wyoming) and Boulder goes in break Next week and the others go on break end of March. This is one instance where the Google AI is actually helpful in that it just pulls up the schools current academic calendars. Hopefully this isn’t a silent, torturous week Mystic_Sunshine 1
KennyK Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Riverside Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ epr, cooliejulie86, Chex and 5 others 8
zaira Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 Okay I'll do one too. Yes, still waiting on Boston U over here. 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Boston Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Mystic_Sunshine, cooliejulie86, epr and 2 others 5
exvat Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 In undergrad, I used to go to the Yankee Candle Factory often, since it was a cheap thrill close by. I must have gone on pilgrimage to the candle epicenter of the world a dozen or so times, but never really considered the power I was absorbing while there, charging up for an unforseen moment in the future. Today, I release all that candle karma: may all you candleers get your acceptances 🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️🕯️candle smallchange, thelovelyunkown, Jane Wyman and 2 others 5
Lady Gladys Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 27 minutes ago, KennyK said: 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Riverside Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Rooting for you, KennyK! KennyK 1
DiLo Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Brown Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Jane Wyman and thelovelyunkown 2
MegHe Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 (edited) 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ UVA Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Edited March 4, 2025 by MegHe Jane Wyman and thelovelyunkown 2
Eloise2897 Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Syracuse Un-Waitlist 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ thelovelyunkown, Mystic_Sunshine and MegHe 3
Mystic_Sunshine Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Mississippi Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ UNLV Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Maryland Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Colorado Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ NWP Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Please and thank you MFA gods. I promise to help people next year if I get in. kpoetrottenapplecore, thelovelyunkown and everything bagel lover 3
nauseated Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Brown Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ NWP Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ all the logistics working out sorry for wonky circle🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ thelovelyunkown and Mystic_Sunshine 2
Mystic_Sunshine Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 3 hours ago, everything bagel lover said: I only looked up schools I’ve applied to (UNLV, Boulder, Wyoming) and Boulder goes in break Next week and the others go on break end of March. This is one instance where the Google AI is actually helpful in that it just pulls up the schools current academic calendars. Hopefully this isn’t a silent, torturous week I looked up Ole Miss and there spring break is next week so I'm hoping that means it could be this week. Same for boulder. Maybe certain programs notify over spring break? Idk
analog_e Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Brown Acceptance 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ 🕯️ Jane Wyman, Mystic_Sunshine, Allrich90 and 1 other 4
Tinky C. Clown Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 13 minutes ago, Mystic_Sunshine said: I looked up Ole Miss and there spring break is next week so I'm hoping that means it could be this week. Same for boulder. Maybe certain programs notify over spring break? Idk i feel like programs probably would notify over spring break, tbh. it’s getting towards mid-march and i feel like most major places want to be done by then Mystic_Sunshine and pananoprodigy 2
Mystic_Sunshine Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 3 minutes ago, Tinky C. Clown said: i feel like programs probably would notify over spring break, tbh. it’s getting towards mid-march and i feel like most major places want to be done by then Good point. I would think places would want to go ahead and get offers out for waitlist/April 15th resolution if they are part of it.
spewilicious Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 5 hours ago, ksiezniczka.monisia said: So, I got accepted to Alaska at Fairbanks, which is great, BUT - waitlisted for TA (and from what I see on draft, so did everybody else), BUT their TA seems... pathetic. They potentially offer 50% tuition remission, so I'd still have to chip in, and less than $25/h with teaching load at 15h/week. So, with such a teaching load AND with classes, AND with writing, there's no way I could keep a job. And I'd have to live off $375/week. And still pay half the tuition. So, sounds great, but does it? Hi, my best friend is currently in the second semester of his MFA at UAF. He was originally waitlisted for TAship, and then got it. If you'd like, I can give you his email, and you can talk to him about what it's actually like to live, attend, and work up there. ksiezniczka.monisia 1
Tinky C. Clown Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 24 minutes ago, Mystic_Sunshine said: Good point. I would think places would want to go ahead and get offers out for waitlist/April 15th resolution if they are part of it. yeah. also i figure that reading applications and deliberating is most of the work compared to actually sending out decisions, so i think spring break is still free game Mystic_Sunshine 1
Hjanep Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 I feel like there was a lot of action during Feb break so spring break shouldn’t slow them down? I haven’t heard a peep since my Michigan rejection on 2/21…howwwwww
momeraths Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 Trying to divert some of my "staring at my phone, email, and the spreadsheet" energy into actually doing some writing today. We'll see how it goes lol MegHe 1
saintjdog Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 How many people are in Brown's cohort roughly? Esp their fiction cohort? I've had a hard time finding this info anywhere
Lady Gladys Posted March 4, 2025 Posted March 4, 2025 (edited) 4 minutes ago, saintjdog said: How many people are in Brown's cohort roughly? Esp their fiction cohort? I've had a hard time finding this info anywhere I just checked this a few days ago. I think the number for fiction is 5. EDIT: Just looked it up to be sure: In the past few years, the department has received between 900 and 1,050 applications. This year, the department anticipates offering admission to five fiction writers, five poets, and two candidates who apply to pursue work through the digital and cross-disciplinary track. Edited March 4, 2025 by Lady Gladys Hjanep 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now