Marky Posted September 19 Posted September 19 Getting ready to re-apply this year to HGSE, and wanted to get this thread going to hopefully connect with other applicants! Sharing what I used last year to kick-start the thread (I really liked what @Here2Teach posted in prior threads, as it has a lot of great information). HGSE Basic Info School Website | Degree Programs | Admission Info | Financial Aid Introduce Yourself | Upcoming Events | Virtual Campus Tour | Connect Recorded Webinars (lots of great info on admission tips, international students, student life, career & alumni, Ed.M. vs. Doctorate program, student chats etc.) Faculty Directory by Area of Expertise Admission Stats GC applicant admission data from 2013-2026 (huge thanks to @graciasadios and @mjsmith for compiling) Student body breakdown (2024-2025 entering class data) HGSE Publications Ed. Magazine | EdCast (Weekly Podcast) | Usable Knowledge (Relevant Research) Crossing my fingers for a more positive result this year. Good luck to everyone applying! mjsmith 1
michaelharrell Posted September 24 Posted September 24 (edited) On 9/19/2026 at 3:50 PM, Marky said: Getting ready to re-apply this year to HGSE, and wanted to get this thread going to hopefully connect with other applicants! Sharing what I used last year to kick-start the thread (I really liked what @Here2Teach posted in prior threads, as it has a lot of great information). HGSE Basic Info School Website | Degree Programs | Admission Info | Financial Aid Introduce Yourself | Upcoming Events | Virtual Campus Tour | Connect Recorded Webinars (lots of great info on admission tips, international students, student life, career & alumni, Ed.M. vs. Doctorate program, student chats etc.) Faculty Directory by Area of Expertise Admission Stats GC applicant admission data from 2013-2026 (huge thanks to @graciasadios and @mjsmith for compiling) Student body breakdown (2024-2025 entering class data) HGSE Publications Ed. Magazine | EdCast (Weekly Podcast) | Usable Knowledge (Relevant Research) Crossing my fingers for a more positive result this year. Good luck to everyone applying! I’m reapplying too, so I’m glad someone started a new thread. Last year I underestimated how much time I’d need to really think through the application rather than just getting the materials submitted. This time I’m trying to start earlier and be much more intentional about how I present my experience and why HGSE makes sense for what I want to do next. Hopefully we’ll get a good group here sharing timelines, questions, and updates as things move along. Good luck with the reapplication and fingers crossed for a better result this year! Edited September 24 by michaelharrell Marky and mjsmith 1 1
Marky Posted September 25 Author Posted September 25 On 9/24/2026 at 11:52 AM, michaelharrell said: I’m reapplying too, so I’m glad someone started a new thread. Last year I underestimated how much time I’d need to really think through the application rather than just getting the materials submitted. This time I’m trying to start earlier and be much more intentional about how I present my experience and why HGSE makes sense for what I want to do next. Hopefully we’ll get a good group here sharing timelines, questions, and updates as things move along. Good luck with the reapplication and fingers crossed for a better result this year! Fingers crossed for both of us, @michaelharrell! What program are you applying to, if you don't mind me asking? mjsmith 1
mjsmith Posted Sunday at 09:29 PM Posted Sunday at 09:29 PM On 9/19/2026 at 10:50 AM, Marky said: Getting ready to re-apply this year to HGSE, and wanted to get this thread going to hopefully connect with other applicants! Sharing what I used last year to kick-start the thread (I really liked what @Here2Teach posted in prior threads, as it has a lot of great information). HGSE Basic Info School Website | Degree Programs | Admission Info | Financial Aid Introduce Yourself | Upcoming Events | Virtual Campus Tour | Connect Recorded Webinars (lots of great info on admission tips, international students, student life, career & alumni, Ed.M. vs. Doctorate program, student chats etc.) Faculty Directory by Area of Expertise Admission Stats GC applicant admission data from 2013-2026 (huge thanks to @graciasadios and @mjsmith for compiling) Student body breakdown (2024-2025 entering class data) HGSE Publications Ed. Magazine | EdCast (Weekly Podcast) | Usable Knowledge (Relevant Research) Crossing my fingers for a more positive result this year. Good luck to everyone applying! Thank you for the shout out, @Marky! Happy to help keep updating the admissions data. If folks can post their stats, I'll go through and update the document when decisions come out in the Spring. Best of luck to you and everyone else as you apply this year! Marky 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now