No email, no interview, what kind of sign is this?

precious1

The University of Michigan is the only school that informed me the result of admission.:( (the emoticon tells you what they said to me in email)

I have not been in touch with the rest of schools though.

It began to make me wonder what is going on because people have been posting their results of admission. I know it is just beginning of Feb and I need to wait for a while. But how much longer am I supposed to wait to find whether I am accepted or rejected?

Is 15th of Apr about the last day I need to wait to know?

Edited by precious1

The University of Michigan is the only school that informed me the result of admission.:( (the emoticon tells you what they said to me in email)

I have not been in touch with the rest of schools though.

It began to make me wonder what is going on because people have been posting their results of admission. I know it is just beginning of Feb and I need to wait for a while. But how much longer am I supposed to wait to find whether I am accepted or rejected?

Is 15th of Apr about the last day I need to wait to know?

Based on results from last year, yes, you need to wait until April 15 to know for certain. Some people (though it seemed to be rare) are notified of acceptance on April 1. Right now many schools have sent interview invitations. Some, but not all, have sent waitlist notifications as well (and not all schools have sent invitations yet). Keep in mind that some of the people who go to the interviews will not accept offers of admission (because many have interviews at multiple schools). My plan is to wait two weeks from now. If I have not heard from a program then I assume I was rejected; however, because some schools have sent rejections already then there is still a wee bit of hope for those from which you have not heard.

I've back-checked the results section and expected this week through next week, and maybe early week after, to be high-time for responses from schools. However, I'm not getting worked up that I haven't heard from all of them because the US has been walloped by snow everywhere. I suspect, especially for New England schools, that adcom meetings have been delayed.

No need to panic.

• 4 weeks later...

I wanted to bump this topic and hopefully get some more feedback (hopefully some from people involved in admissions comittees or people already in grad school).

It is now the end of February and 10/12 schools that I applied to have not offered me an interview nor sent me a rejection. I feel like I must be on some sort of 2nd interview waititng list, but this waiting in limbo-land is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Has anyone heard of someone being offered an interview this late in the game? Does anyone have an insight as to when I should expect rejections so I can stop worrying about all 12 schools? Am I being pessimistic or realistic?

I wanted to bump this topic and hopefully get some more feedback (hopefully some from people involved in admissions comittees or people already in grad school).

It is now the end of February and 10/12 schools that I applied to have not offered me an interview nor sent me a rejection. I feel like I must be on some sort of 2nd interview waititng list, but this waiting in limbo-land is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY.

Has anyone heard of someone being offered an interview this late in the game? Does anyone have an insight as to when I should expect rejections so I can stop worrying about all 12 schools? Am I being pessimistic or realistic?

I am in more or less the same boat. Still waiting to hear from the vast majority of schools. :(

Do MA programs typically not still interview though?

a lot of grad programs don't depend on the specialization...

and it depends, if the applications was turned in on the Dec 1st batch, then your probably out. If they are the Jan.1 batch, then you still have a glimps of hope but 80% your at MOST on the waiting list at this point. but don't take my word for it this is just bsaed on the 8 schools I applied to. Basically, if they want to admit you, you would know by now.

Edited by donnyz89

• 4 weeks later...