Anyone applied to UC Irvine Ed Policy and Social Context?

elbee4

I applied to UCI and if anyone else out there is waiting, I just thought I'd let you know that someone from the faculty called me for a interview. The interview went fantastic, however, I was called two days later and told that the committee has decided not to admit me because someone else had higher GRE scores than me and they wanted that person for a teacher assistantship. So, in case you are waiting to hear from UCI, I imagine they will be sending out notices in the very near future.

My first rejection...hopefully the last.

I'm sorry!! That's lame. I guess GRE scores really do play a pivotal role. Makes me wonder if I should have retaken it a bunch more times to get a higher Math score.

I didn't apply to USC, but I did apply to UCLA for Urban Schooling too. I hope we hear soon!

Do you have a master's? I don't, but I have 4+ years of research experience or so,,,,,

basically this wait is driving me nuts! Good luck and I hope that the rest of your decisions are good ones!!

I applied to UCI and if anyone else out there is waiting, I just thought I'd let you know that someone from the faculty called me for a interview. The interview went fantastic, however, I was called two days later and told that the committee has decided not to admit me because someone else had higher GRE scores than me and they wanted that person for a teacher assistantship. So, in case you are waiting to hear from UCI, I imagine they will be sending out notices in the very near future.

I am sorry to hear that elbee4. I am in a similar situation. I had an interview with my first choice school and I am waiting to hear the results. My POI told me I should hear next week! :)

I'm sorry!! That's lame. I guess GRE scores really do play a pivotal role. Makes me wonder if I should have retaken it a bunch more times to get a higher Math score.

I didn't apply to USC, but I did apply to UCLA for Urban Schooling too. I hope we hear soon!

Do you have a master's? I don't, but I have 4+ years of research experience or so,,,,,

basically this wait is driving me nuts! Good luck and I hope that the rest of your decisions are good ones!!

Yeah, I'm a horrible test taker so for me everything but the GRE had to be strong. I like to think that they are. I guess I should have retaken the test too but I'm a classroom teacher and once school started I couldn't find the time to do more studying.

Yes, I do have a master's as well as 6 years as a classroom teacher and several years in community development in Northeast and South Central LA. Sounds like we both have a lot of good experience. Hopefully that's what they are looking for.

Not hearing is driving me nuts, too. Every time I got to the mailbox I get nervous.

Wow, I'm really surprised any school would tell you that GREs prevented admission (unless they were so low as to be below the cutoff). I'm sorry it didn't work out. Good luck with your other apps!

Wow, I'm really surprised any school would tell you that GREs prevented admission (unless they were so low as to be below the cutoff). I'm sorry it didn't work out. Good luck with your other apps!

Yeah, I don't know what happened with that. From what I have heard GRE scores are not as important as some might think. It's their loss. Trying to be positive.

Edited by elbee4

I applied this program, too. Haven't heard any information. May I ask your GRE scores?