I Heard From a School

I Paint Faces

I totally agree with you but just because we cant see each other doesnt mean we can abandon respect.... I have seen a number of other fields of study sayin gthere were any number of nasty replys and I was so pleasantly surprised that we have had NONE of that!!! perhaps a private message would have been the way to go... or simply asking why he wouldnt share... I dont know maybe I'm wrong I just think we are all peers and this is hard enough without having to rudeness on the forum. but its ultimately no skin off my back!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps LC could have been more tactful, but the point she made is still valid. If you consider the purpose of this board to be the dissemination of helpful information, I think you have to agree that racuerex's post was written with the sole intent of inspiring people to congratulate him or her.

Also, looks like racuerex and LC both got into UCSB. I'd say LC has every right to be a little vexed that racuerex won't say which school the offer came from.

Yes, let's keep it civil. Posting about acceptances is one thing, but a school may get really upset if people are going around saying how much money they got, especially at a UC that takes like 5 people and may only give one of them a deal like Reaceurx. They wouldn't retract the offer but her may start there with really bad rep. As we know, rep is all that matters in this business.

I totally agree with you but just because we cant see each other doesnt mean we can abandon respect.... I have seen a number of other fields of study sayin gthere were any number of nasty replys and I was so pleasantly surprised that we have had NONE of that!!! perhaps a private message would have been the way to go... or simply asking why he wouldnt share... I dont know maybe I'm wrong I just think we are all peers and this is hard enough without having to rudeness on the forum. but its ultimately no skin off my back!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments retracted...don't they have an age requirement to join this forum? No reason to act like 12 year olds.

I thought I was being generous sharing ANYTHING. Anyone with half a brain could have figured it out, or with half the manners my dog has could have simply PM'ed me.

Edited by racuerex

Hello All!

Just thought I'd post my stats. Applied for Painting.

Applied:

Tyler - rejected

SAIC - Post Bac program letter (rejection from MFA)

Hawaii - Accepted

Mica - Interview

American -

NYSS -

Claremont -

Boston U -

New Hampshire -

IUB -

Actually if you need to know my life story I just found this forum yesterday...

so like i said WHAT WAS THE POINT?

WHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS:

---------> I HEARD FROM A SCHOOL GUYS AND I KNOW THE MAJORITY OF YOU ARE NERVOUS AND ANXIOUS BUT I'M STILL NOT GONNA TELL YOU WHO I HEARD FROM.... SWEET!!!

I've applied to

Yale- Interview

SAIC- ACCEPTED

Calarts- Interview

UCI- Interview

UCD-Rejected

UCR- Rejected

UCSB- ACCEPTED.

UCLA-???

UCSD-??

Columbia-???

Hunter-???

Did SAIC accept you cold without an interview? That's amazing!

tyler mfa painting rejection. they updated the temple.edu application status before i received a physical rejection letter. pretty lame how i about found out about both the yale and tyler rejections, while laying down in bed with my computering with my laptop on my stomach. stupid internet age. ..where's the drama (while standing upright and on feet).

guessing a SAIC rejection by now because it seems like the ones that they wanted to get have been called for interviews for early and mid march already. so for me, two pairs of crossed fingers for cranbrook and hunter. best of luck to everyone out there!

I've got fingers crossed for Hunter as well. Best luck to you. I think I'm also rejected from SAIC...but I'm pissed that they won't just tell us already!

tyler mfa painting rejection. they updated the temple.edu application status before i received a physical rejection letter. pretty lame how i about found out about both the yale and tyler rejections, while laying down in bed with my computering with my laptop on my stomach. stupid internet age. ..where's the drama (while standing upright and on feet).

guessing a SAIC rejection by now because it seems like the ones that they wanted to get have been called for interviews for early and mid march already. so for me, two pairs of crossed fingers for cranbrook and hunter. best of luck to everyone out there!

Applied to low-residency program at MICA - interviewed, still waiting.

Same with SFAI - interviewed, still waiting.

Bard - rejected 2/22

SCAD - accepted 1/31

All these were for MFA Painting.

I've got a note on my calendar that says that MICA will start sending out notices around 3/18. Couldn't find any date for decision notices on SFAI website.

I applied to UT Austin- waitlisted

MICA- Interviewed with Mt Royal School of Art, still waiting, and have heard nothing from Hoffberger.

Syracuse University- heard nothing

New York Academy of Art- Accepted 2/24 with some money.

Boston University- heard nothing yet

Hunter- heard nothing

I'm getting really nervous and starting to doubt myself. I was hoping to get accepted in to UT Austin but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I hope I get accepted somewhere else, at least....

Edited by olive88

been trolling for ages, here's my news so far for painting programs at 11 schools:

ECU - skype interview on 3/8 (in a few hours)

OCAD - no word yet

U Cincinnati - accepted, waiting for financial aid package

MICA - no word

RISD - no word

UT Austin - rejected via letter

U Wisconsin/Madison - rejected via e-mail

Tyler - rejected via letter

American - accepted with tuition remission, scholarship and TA

CCA - no word

Tulane - no word