Harvard SEAS

achapiro

Hi!

I'm going crazy here waiting for the Cornell and Harvard SEAS results. Has anyone heard anything from these programs yet? Anyone got any idea of what their admission/rejection process is like?

Finally, if say I don't hear from them for a couple more days, would it be ok to call them and ask about my admission status?

Hi!

I'm going crazy here waiting for the Cornell and Harvard SEAS results. Has anyone heard anything from these programs yet? Anyone got any idea of what their admission/rejection process is like?

Last year I received the results for both around February.

Finally, if say I don't hear from them for a couple more days, would it be ok to call them and ask about my admission status?

My suggestion is don't do that. They are already busy as it is, so I'd say wait until at least mid march. You still have until mid April to decide anyway.

I think that all the Cornell accepts have been sent out.

As for Harvard, I'm waiting on them too. If last year is any indication, those who are accepted should hear this week.

I wouldn't call. Not yet, anyway.

Edited by Azazel

I think that all the Cornell accepts have been sent out.

As for Harvard, I'm waiting on them too. If last year is any indication, those who are accepted should hear this week.

I wouldn't call. Not yet, anyway.

Ahhhh, where are those Harvard results? They're my last chance at not going to a safety school... This waiting is terrible!

Do you know anything new about Harvard? Is the process done or do we still have hope?

Well, I e-mailed my POI because I wanted them to know I had 3 research submissions in the time from December to now and I thought this might make a difference. I recieved what seemed like an automatic rejection letter, so that's it for me and Harvard.

Good luck.

One of my friends received an admit from Harvard SEAS last year via postal service during the last week of Feb. He didnot receive an email notification at all. So dont lose hope until you receive the official rejection letter. @achapiro, can you please describe what you mean by automatic rejection letter ?

One of my friends received an admit from Harvard SEAS last year via postal service during the last week of Feb. He didnot receive an email notification at all. So dont lose hope until you receive the official rejection letter. @achapiro, can you please describe what you mean by automatic rejection letter ?

I meant it looked like it was copy-pasted from somewhere else not very carefully. My name at the beginning and the core of the letter had different fonts, stuff like that, very generic.

Any updates? Anyone hear from SEAS yet, or know when we will hear?

I called up GSAS and they told me that the letters will arrive by post only and not through email/website/phone. SEAS has the highest applicants and takes the most time but the last of these letters will be sent before March 15. Going by last year's trend acceptances were posted in February and rejections in March.

I called up GSAS and they told me that the letters will arrive by post only and not through email/website/phone. SEAS has the highest applicants and takes the most time but the last of these letters will be sent before March 15. Going by last year's trend acceptances were posted in February and rejections in March.

It's 2011, for God's shake, do they still use snail mail?! Especially for the rejections, do they want to have us wait or to keep the rejection as a souvenir? :(

I know! Every other program I have applied to has contacted me via email.

I applied to Harvard GSAS History of Science and I haven't heard anything so far.

Do you think I should contact the department? Or just wait it out for snail mail?

Any news? I don't even see accepts on the results page.... anything?

It seems, from the trend in results page, they will make the decisions in the next 10 days. I would expect something in 1-3 weeks (given they mail the decision)

Edited by adelashk