Harvard SEAS

achapiro

Judging by previous years from different forums online, decisions for SEAS master's have been sent out (i.e. postmarked) the first Friday of March until the second Friday of March. From the looks of it, acceptances are only sent out during the 4th? Not sure. Anyway, I am almost sure our decisions are in the sky right now. I am on the west coast so I expect to receive the decision tomorrow if it was sent on the 11th. Anyone on the east coast or close to MA that haven't received a decision yet?

There have been four posted MS acceptances this March.

One received the 6th and posted the 7th under Harvard SEAS.

Two posted on the 9th, Two under Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences but one is listed as F11 and the other S11.

One on March 10th (probably SteveFan above) also under HGSAS but "school" is spelled wrong in the full school name which makes it difficult to search on.

I received an email from the admissions asking me to verify my address and zip code on March 4th.

Although I asked them if they could tell me if I got in or not, giving them the zip code, they just told me to wait for the mail.

Do you think I still have chance?

It seems like lots of people got acceptance letter dated on March 4th.

I am in Korea at the moment.

I received an email from the admissions asking me to verify my address and zip code on March 4th.

Although I asked them if they could tell me if I got in or not, giving them the zip code, they just told me to wait for the mail.

Do you think I still have chance?

It seems like lots of people got acceptance letter dated on March 4th.

I am in Korea at the moment.

they seem to send out more admissions than last year, and since no one has posted any rejection yet, i guess the chance of your admission is very high.

good luck!

Because Harvard decided that writing an email or sending a letter to update rejected students is too big of a time commitment.

Edited by mewtwo

Because Harvard decided that writing an email or sending a letter to update rejected students is too big of a time commitment.

Yes, it is very strange. I've also heard nothing from their PhD program. The least we might expect for our application fee is some information as to whether we are accepted or rejected.

Personally, I'm not really worried about it, as I have a number of other great options, but under different circumstances I could see myself being quite annoyed with such treatment.

Harvard PhD Open House is already over right ? then why do people still waiting for PhD admit ??blink.gif

Some of us applied to master's, in which they send out acceptances/decisions early March. If you applied to PhD and have not received a reply then you are most probably rejected, this is not the case for master's........... Yet.

Just called them! All decisions have been made. The last batch of decisions were mailed on Tuesday the 15th. Depending on where you are from Cambridge, MA you should receive the letter shortly.

You are referring to the Master's, right? That does not include rejects yet?

You are referring to the Master's, right? That does not include rejects yet?

I did not ask specifically about Master's. I think this includes both master's and PhD. They said all decisions, so I can assume it also means rejections.

I did not ask specifically about Master's. I think this includes both master's and PhD. They said all decisions, so I can assume it also means rejections.

I guess we'll all know soon. Thanks for clarifying! smile.gif

Was just in contact with friend who has applied to SEAS for Phd. He lives about two towns away from campus. Nothing came in either today or yesterday's mail. If a decision letter were mailed on Tuesday, he should have received it by now. To me this means that either they were not all mailed on the 15th or the process of "mailing" takes time beyond that of the USPS.

Was just in contact with friend who has applied to SEAS for Phd. He lives about two towns away from campus. Nothing came in either today or yesterday's mail. If a decision letter were mailed on Tuesday, he should have received it by now. To me this means that either they were not all mailed on the 15th or the process of "mailing" takes time beyond that of the USPS.

Interesting, if he lives two towns away he should have definitely received it by now :S. Here is the number I called (listed in Harvard SEAS FAQ page): 617-496-6100

I'm speculating that you were given accurate info. It's probably the mailing process. I bet the post mark will not be March 15. The 15th is probably when admissions sent the pile to Harvard mail services and from there it had to make it through postal processing before heading to each applicant.

I'm speculating that you were given accurate info. It's probably the mailing process. I bet the post mark will not be March 15. The 15th is probably when admissions sent the pile to Harvard mail services and from there it had to make it through postal processing before heading to each applicant.

Thanks sldm. Could you please keep us posted with your friend's status (not necessarily decision, just letter arrival)? He would be the first one to receive the letter given his proximity to Cambridge.