GPPI (Georgetown) Results

smerd

I received an email saying GPPI Admissions Event Update‏ and again, no update on the scholarship or financial aid. It also said the admissions letter will be there with us in a week to ten days.

I guess I can expect a letter similar to the one sent to canesfan2011.

I had an interesting conversation today with someone in the GPPI admissions office. (Since this was an off-the-cuff, one-on-one conversation and the person I spoke with probably wasn't expecting to have their comments splashed all over the internet, I won't put this person's name or title here. Suffice it to say that it was someone with significant authority in that office.)

Things from the conversation that might be of interest to current and future GPPI applicants:

--They're sending out another batch of snail mail letters tomorrow, so those should arrive in the next few days.

--Funding emails went out after admissions emails. (This person did NOT say anything along the lines of "Everybody who's getting funding has been notified." But I did get the impression that if you haven't heard anything about a fellowhip by now... sorry.)

--I asked about my particular funding situation... they said that I'm not getting any (sigh), but that I probably would have if my (very low) GRE quantitative score and my (relatively high) GRE verbal score had been reversed. they said that GRE scores and GPA are the two big factors that determine funding, and that the GPA cutoff for funding consideration is usually around a 3.4.

Disclaimer: I didn't take notes while I was on the phone, so it's possible that I'm mis-remembering details of what this person said... please take all of the above with a grain of salt.

I hope someone finds some of that helpful. Good luck to everybody who's still waiting.

I had an interesting conversation today with someone in the GPPI admissions office. (Since this was an off-the-cuff, one-on-one conversation and the person I spoke with probably wasn't expecting to have their comments splashed all over the internet, I won't put this person's name or title here. Suffice it to say that it was someone with significant authority in that office.)

Things from the conversation that might be of interest to current and future GPPI applicants:

--They're sending out another batch of snail mail letters tomorrow, so those should arrive in the next few days.

--Funding emails went out after admissions emails. (This person did NOT say anything along the lines of "Everybody who's getting funding has been notified." But I did get the impression that if you haven't heard anything about a fellowhip by now... sorry.)

--I asked about my particular funding situation... they said that I'm not getting any (sigh), but that I probably would have if my (very low) GRE quantitative score and my (relatively high) GRE verbal score had been reversed. they said that GRE scores and GPA are the two big factors that determine funding, and that the GPA cutoff for funding consideration is usually around a 3.4.

Disclaimer: I didn't take notes while I was on the phone, so it's possible that I'm mis-remembering details of what this person said... please take all of the above with a grain of salt.

I hope someone finds some of that helpful. Good luck to everybody who's still waiting.

&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>&nbsp;Thanks researchworks. It does make sense. And I think I have kinda given up hope as well.</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp;I have been having a hard time getting in touch with anyone though. I have sent in a few emails and tried calling, but to no avail. Did you have to leave messages when you called? &nbsp;My only regret is I wish i had applied to more DC schools which I didn't. Hindsight is 20/20.

</div>

Edited by hakuna