GPPI (Georgetown) Results

smerd

Hmm, did everybody else's email say "the GPPI Dean of Admissions will notify you the week of February 14th by e-mail as to the Scholarship Committee’s decision?" Either they're working late on a holiday weekend or they're not making that deadline. Darn.

Yes, my email said the same thing. I haven't heard back either.

Mine said the week of the 14th as well, and I haven't heard back as of today. From what I've (neurotically) read on last year's forums, they tend to be behind.

Hmm, did everybody else's email say "the GPPI Dean of Admissions will notify you the week of February 14th by e-mail as to the Scholarship Committee’s decision?" Either they're working late on a holiday weekend or they're not making that deadline. Darn.

From my own neurotic reading and re-reading of the posts here, I've come to the same conclusion. I think someone said "Georgetown = slow" or something to that effect a while back. I might just have to talk to a real live human being at GPPI admissions to get the real story...

Mine said the week of the 14th as well, and I haven't heard back as of today. From what I've (neurotically) read on last year's forums, they tend to be behind.

From my own neurotic reading and re-reading of the posts here, I've come to the same conclusion. I think someone said "Georgetown = slow" or something to that effect a while back. I might just have to talk to a real live human being at GPPI admissions to get the real story...

I wonder if anyone applied to the joint MPP/MBA program with the business school?

Hi there,

I just received this e-mail from GPPI.

Greetings and congratulations from the Georgetown Public Policy Institute (GPPI) Office of Admissions. I am pleased to inform you the GPPI Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and will recommend to the Dean of the Georgetown Graduate School of Arts & Sciences you be admitted to GPPI for the Fall 2011 semester. Since we are part of the Georgetown Graduate School of Arts & Sciences, they need to affirm our decision. You will receive an official letter of admission shortly thereafter.

In your official admissions letter, there will be detailed information on need-based financial aid, the GPPI Open Houses, and regional receptions as briefly described below. In addition, the Admitted Students’ website will be active in the next couple of weeks and will contain updated admitted student event and enrollment information.

For those that were told a scholarship response would be sent out "the week of the 14th," has anyone been in contact with admissions for an update?

I called last week, was told that scholarship committee decided to look at the second batch of accepted applicants before sending offers to those in the first batch (first batch being those supposedly getting back offers on the week of the 14th). He told me not to hold my breath waiting for the results.

For those that were told a scholarship response would be sent out "the week of the 14th," has anyone been in contact with admissions for an update?

Good to know, thank you!

I called last week, was told that scholarship committee decided to look at the second batch of accepted applicants before sending offers to those in the first batch (first batch being those supposedly getting back offers on the week of the 14th). He told me not to hold my breath waiting for the results.

Whew, just got my acceptance email this morning too! I was beginning to get a really bad feeling because so many people had heard that applied after I did! My email was the same as the above, and also mentioned that the open house dates for admitted students will be April 1st and April 8th. It also said they will be having events in other cities. Good luck to everyone, and hang in there!

Does anyone know if Georgetown is still offering scholarships to those who have

recently applied (before April 1st deadline)? The website only states that those

interested in a scholarship should apply early, but nothing about an official cut-off

date. Thanks!

I think the cut-off date for funding consideration was Jan 18th. That being said, I still haven't heard (I applied on Jan 18th) about being accepted or rejected, nor have I received any information about scholarships (dur) and the majority of scholarship decisions seem to be being decided on the 25th (two days ago) and the 28th (tomorrow).

I really, really hope that scholarships are being done in batches along with reviews, and IF I'm accepted that I have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and funding in the next two weeks by another deadline (I suppose 15th or 30th March).

Was really hoping to hear back on scholarships (my email said the week of the 28th). Has anyone who had that date on their acceptance letter heard back yet?

Edited by kyeulsa

Hmm, not sure how application time impacts scholarship eligibility. I applied in early January and just heard back that I was awarded $15k each year. How does this compare with other folks?

Hi Smerd,

When did you receive the mass email? I still haven't received any emails about the scholarship decision. And the first email was the generic one, with info on open houses and financial aid packages. I never received an email about the 25 and 28th being the dates for scholarship decisions.

As i am an international student, I am always looking out for a snail mail however nothing yet. The award info, did you receive it via email or snail mail?

Hi Smerd,

When did you receive the mass email? I still haven't received any emails about the scholarship decision. And the first email was the generic one, with info on open houses and financial aid packages. I never received an email about the 25 and 28th being the dates for scholarship decisions.

As i am an international student, I am always looking out for a snail mail however nothing yet. The award info, did you receive it via email or snail mail?

My quasi-acceptance email from GPPI was on Feb 8th. In that one, they said they'd "recommend" me to the graduate school, and it also it included a paragraph with the header "GPPI Merit-Based Aid" above the paragraphs "Need based Financial Aid" and "Fall 2011 Open House Dates." The Merit-Based section told me to submit an essay within two days. I got my notification from the scholarship committee on Feb 26.

I know they've done this in batches in the past, so it's possible that yours is to come. You might try giving GPPI a call. They've already admitted you, so they should give at least a little bit of info. They work for you now! :)

Kyeulsa, I was supposed to hear back about scholarships the week of Feb 14th, but didn't hear back for over a week later -- I think they tend to be a bit late.

Was really hoping to hear back on scholarships (my email said the week of the 28th). Has anyone who had that date on their acceptance letter heard back yet?