Vanier CGS 2011-2012

OriginalBDivision

Also a rejection - quite a deflating feeling. Though, I can only offer congratulations to those who did receive it as I'm sure it's well deserved - fight the good fight.

Really sorry to hear about the Vanier applications that were unsuccessful. It's such an unbelievably competitive competition.

Has anyone heard results that were positive from Vanier? or perhaps these results are not to be shared until a public announcements is made? I've haven't noticed anyone post positive results yet. Hopefully, those who received decline letters from Vanier are still in the running for SSHRC.

Congrats Phalene- on your friend's success! Thanks for sharing. Anyone received Vanier notification yet on the west coast? Also, does anyone know if departments are given notification before letters are sent out for Vanier?

NSERC positive results were received via snail mail on April 7th...yay :)

Also, NSERC CGSD3 results were negative... So I get a no to the smaller and yes to the bigger scholarship. Was I disqualified from the CGS? Maybe there is still hope for some others :)

Also, NSERC CGSD3 results were negative... So I get a no to the smaller and yes to the bigger scholarship. Was I disqualified from the CGS? Maybe there is still hope for some others :)

Hmm thats really strange! Perhaps they made the decision for your Vanier early and sent the rejection letter for the CGS? Though, they did say to me in an email that the two competitions are completely separate.

Man this must have been a stressful time for you - not knowing! Congrats :). Still waiting out here on the East Coast for NSERC-Vanier notification.

Still waiting on news of the Vanier CIHR results in Toronto. I nervously checked my mailbox on my way out the door this morning and was almost relieved to see it empty.

It doesn't sound like anything from CIHR Vanier has been announced yet? Maybe they are waiting till after the 15th?

CIHR response. Rejection letter arrived today at the office. Feel like going to have a gigantic glass of scotch. Good luck to everyone still in the hunt.

Just received notification that I, too, was unsuccessful with a SSHRC Vanier - on the west coast. Still in the running for a SSHRC award though. Wish me luck! Congrats to those who were successful.

Still waiting here in Calgary (Vanier - CIHR) ....gotta love snail mail .... Do the letters include information on how your application performed - like a score or ranking? Thanks!

Positive CIHR Vanier letter received here in Ontario by snail mail, dated March 30, 2011. Good luck to everyone else.

Still waiting here in Calgary (Vanier - CIHR) ....gotta love snail mail .... Do the letters include information on how your application performed - like a score or ranking? Thanks!

Still waiting in Toronto too :(!!! NO MAIL YET UGH!!!...