it's a anxious time for us all

this morning I woke up feeling pretty tight in the chest, and i stared at my email hoping that some good news would pop up on my computer screen. I also fantasized about various scenarios, including receiving all rejections from the phd english programs I applied to, as well as receiving acceptances from my "dream" schools.

I remembered watching this youtube video a while back, and I thought it'd be a good time to re-watch it because it always helps me put things in perspective. do yourself a favor and watch it too. good luck to all of you.

this morning I woke up feeling pretty tight in the chest, and i stared at my email hoping that some good news would pop up on my computer screen. I also fantasized about various scenarios, including receiving all rejections from the phd english programs I applied to, as well as receiving acceptances from my "dream" schools.

I remembered watching this youtube video a while back, and I thought it'd be a good time to re-watch it because it always helps me put things in perspective. do yourself a favor and watch it too. good luck to all of you.

Baz Luhrmann is the man. I love his work in Moulin Rouge. Which also helps put things in perspective. Because however anxious you may be about graduate school, at least you're not a turn-of-the-century expatriate poet without a penny to his name whose one true love is a prostitute who just died in a fancy French dance club after being promised to a wealthy duke.