NSERC 2011-2012

boourns

has anyone heard anything yet? I am getting nervous because it is already mid february - I got rejected last year around this time for CGS-M last year and this year I am in the CGS-D category! Hoping for some love from NSERC!

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone heard anything yet? I am getting nervous because it is already mid february - I got rejected last year around this time for CGS-M last year and this year I am in the CGS-D category! Hoping for some love from NSERC!

Around 23 March last year, ppl heard results from school. Emailed NSERC today but no answer yet. Will update!

• 2 weeks later...

No news is good news!

I never imagined my application would have gotten so far. So no matter what happens, I can be happy that I was recommended by my faculty and university. As I always say, expect the worst but hope for the best.

Although... that money would be nice :)

okkkkk. I'm back this year again! last year I applied for NSERC PDF and I didn't get it :( . I applied for Engineering discipline and my application was judged by mathematical sciences!! :angry: then you guess what happend then!!

anyway, to update you with something, I got my letter on March 25. The letter was dates March 19. So, I guess it had been sent out on March 23. :rolleyes:

So, i guess the letters will be printed over this weekend, and will be sent out during the week.

Allright, this means hat even the rejections come 20-25th of March...then we need to keep waiting...

PDF I am looking for you :D

Scholar can you share with us the number of papers (published, submitted, first author, co-author from your PhD) that you had at the time of the application if you don't mind. Thank you.

Scholar can you share with us the number of papers (published, submitted, first author, co-author from your PhD) that you had at the time of the application if you don't mind. Thank you.

Yes, I have had 4 journal papers first author published, 1 journal paper submitted, and 5 conference papers first author published..

Yes, I have had 4 journal papers first author published, 1 journal paper submitted, and 5 conference papers first author published..

Oh, so many papers... You could be very likely get it. BTW, could you please indicate which disciplinary are you in?

Thank you Scholar. I'm almost similar to you. 3 papers published, 1 paper accepted. 1 paper submitted. All as the first author. and three conference proceedings.

Thank you Scholar. I'm almost similar to you. 3 papers published, 1 paper accepted. 1 paper submitted. All as the first author. and three conference proceedings.

Good, hope we both get it..the acceptance rate has been around 20%, I just hope that they do not just pre-approve me for IRDF, finding a company is tough..

Yes, I really hope so. yes, the chance is low. Is it the first time you're applying? where is your first location of tenure?

Good, hope we both get it..the acceptance rate has been around 20%, I just hope that they do not just pre-approve me for IRDF, finding a company is tough..