NSERC 2011-2012

boourns

Hi people,

Have you people received anything about NSERC PDF applications this year (2011-2012)? I am getting excited as we approach the end of March.

No yet! Apparently we'll receive the letter by the end of the next week.

My grad secretary just e-mailed me saying that I won a CGSD3. I actually cried a little. Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations! your university should have the list of all the winners now. Given that you're at UBC, can we conclude the results have been sent out early this week? the letters are coming from Ottawa anyway. What do you guys think? unfortunately the post doesn't deliver regular mails over the weekend as far as I know.

Edited by UTgradst

I think NSERC emails schools so schools always know the results earlier than we do. Likely it's been done on Friday. Also think that mails have been sent to students on the same day too. We should expect to receive results via regular mail by Tuesday/Wednesday next week?

I think NSERC emails schools so schools always know the results earlier than we do. Likely it's been done on Friday. Also think that mails have been sent to students on the same day too. We should expect to receive results via regular mail by Tuesday/Wednesday next week?

It must be Tuesday then...anyways, I will email our Grad studies (not grad secretary cause Grad studies is in charge) and ask about my PDF...if I do not get it, it will be a huge discouragement for my academic future...if I get it, I need to find a school worthy of tenure...stay tuned..

Hi Soona, contact your Grad Studies, they might have the master list now...btw, what is your department and how many publications have you had?

I will do on Monday...I am from ECE...2 published journals 1st author, 3 accepted journals (one 2nd author and 2 first author) and 7 published conferences (one 2nd author and 6 first author).

How about you? How you know they may have the master list?

I will do on Monday...I am from ECE...2 published journals 1st author, 3 accepted journals (one 2nd author and 2 first author) and 7 published conferences (one 2nd author and 6 first author).

How about you? How you know they may have the master list?

are all these papers the output of your PhD studies, or its from masters and PhD? Also, if you don't mind, are 7 published conferences full papers published in the proceesings or the abstract published? are all these conferences from your PhD?

are all these papers the output of your PhD studies, or its from masters and PhD? Also, if you don't mind, are 7 published conferences full papers published in the proceesings or the abstract published? are all these conferences from your PhD?

All are from my PhD..conferences are full papers in the proceedings..so, what about you ? and are you from Waterloo..?

All are from my PhD..conferences are full papers in the proceedings..so, what about you ? and are you from Waterloo..?

Hi,

No, I'm from U of T in Industrial Eng. At the time of application I had 3 journal papers published. One accepted. One submitted. 3 conference proeceedings published. All as the first author. But I had also about 6 or 7 conferene presentations. What about the awards? Did you have some significant awards on your application?

Hi,

No, I'm from U of T in Industrial Eng. At the time of application I had 3 journal papers published. One accepted. One submitted. 3 conference proeceedings published. All as the first author. But I had also about 6 or 7 conferene presentations. What about the awards? Did you have some significant awards on your application?

I have OGSST and Nanofellowship technology (UW). you? and how you know that the grad office may have the master list for the results..what is ur department?

I have OGSST and Nanofellowship technology (UW). you? and how you know that the grad office may have the master list for the results..what is ur department?

I had twice OGSST, once OGS, and a paper which got the best student paper award, one research award, and some other awards! :) but still I'm too worried about the results. My department is Mechanical & Industrial ENg. I guess the departments should have a master list based on what people posted last year on GradCafe 2010-2011. It seems starting since last year the NSERC sends also the list of PDF applicants as well.

I had twice OGSST, once OGS, and a paper which got the best student paper award, one research award, and some other awards! :) but still I'm too worried about the results. My department is Mechanical & Industrial ENg. I guess the departments should have a master list based on what people posted last year on GradCafe 2010-2011. It seems starting since last year the NSERC sends also the list of PDF applicants as well.

Good awards score...so when you check with your grad office on Monday, please let me know if you know anything, I will do the same.......I am so worried about the results as well..Hope both of us get it...

Good awards score...so when you check with your grad office on Monday, please let me know if you know anything, I will do the same.......I am so worried about the results as well..Hope both of us get it...

Sure I will. I really hope so. I already emailed my grad office! I hope they answer on Monday. Will update you here. Please you do the same.

Hey,

So I guess our publication records are kind of the same SOONA and UTGrad. I am from VLSI group of ECE dept. so although our fields are different, our chances could be similar based on the publication records and awards, I have had OGSST and OGS. Now, it all comes back to the proposal and community involvements...stay tuned..

Hey,

So I guess our publication records are kind of the same SOONA and UTGrad. I am from VLSI group of ECE dept. so although our fields are different, our chances could be similar based on the publication records and awards, I have had OGSST and OGS. Now, it all comes back to the proposal and community involvements...stay tuned..

Hi Scholar,

So what is ur university? I am in VLSI as well in UW.