UT Austin

tortola23

It's very hard to tell with these programs because there are SO few posts on the results board! I have no idea when to expect a decision, because I could only find one notification from last year.

Maybe that means less competition...? Who knows.

It's very hard to tell with these programs because there are SO few posts on the results board! I have no idea when to expect a decision, because I could only find one notification from last year.

Maybe that means less competition...? Who knows.

From the looks of it, I've done some surfing, it sounds as though 2 have already posted acceptances from UT last week-special ed

I applied to the Special Ed. PhD program...I guess the outlook isn't so good

I think it may be too early to be discouraged- my application has been in to them for a long time (I submitted it in October) because I knew right away they would be in my top 2. I think applications were just due in February, right? Hang in there..you may still get good news.

Yes, the Ed. Admin (and C&I) departments are seperate from Special Ed. They are in different parts of the building at UT- have seperate office staff, etc. I was just there so I had the chance to meet a few people.

Good luck!

I'm still waiting to hear back from UT Austin as well--applied to MA in Early Childhood Education- Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction.

I am not too worried because I did read that they don't expect to give decisions out until mid-March. I am getting impatient, though, because I applied back in November! I am tempted to call, but I don't know that they would give me any other answer than, "Wait until March."

That being said, is it March yet?

I'm still waiting to hear back from UT Austin as well--applied to MA in Early Childhood Education- Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction.

I am not too worried because I did read that they don't expect to give decisions out until mid-March. I am getting impatient, though, because I applied back in November! I am tempted to call, but I don't know that they would give me any other answer than, "Wait until March."

That being said, is it March yet?

Thanks for the encouragement. It's just so stressful...and to try and carry on with life as usual :wacko: I'll keep my fingers crossed for a few more weeks.

Just wondering if anyone was still waiting to hear from UT??? Talked with Someone from the department via email, they said the committee was meringue again today and hopefully there will be news by weeks end... The waiting is so difficult...

Just wondering if anyone was still waiting to hear from UT??? Talked with Someone from the department via email, they said the committee was meringue again today and hopefully there will be news by weeks end... The waiting is so difficult...

I'm still waiting, too!

Just an update on UT Austin- Ph.D. program: I was accepted via email (after an in person interview) in early February. Yesterday, I received a phone call from my advisor with a formal acceptance. She said the department reviewed all the applications last weekend and final decisions had been made. So- if you are still waiting I would expect a phone call soon. Good Luck!

Just an update on UT Austin- Ph.D. program: I was accepted via email (after an in person interview) in early February. Yesterday, I received a phone call from my advisor with a formal acceptance. She said the department reviewed all the applications last weekend and final decisions had been made. So- if you are still waiting I would expect a phone call soon. Good Luck!

Still waiting...definately not confident...:(

Still waiting...definately not confident...:(

I applied for the C& I phd, and emailed someone of the program yesterday, and here is the reply:

Applicants will be notified soon of admission decisions. The

applications have been under review until very recently. Please

watch for a letter from *****.

Thanks,

I applied for the C& I phd, and emailed someone of the program yesterday, and here is the reply:

Applicants will be notified soon of admission decisions. The

applications have been under review until very recently. Please

watch for a letter from *****.

Thanks,

Good luck to you... I emailed the department I applied to a few days ago and haven't heard anything. So, I've given up any hope on this one, and I feel better--no more anxiety or useless checking everyday.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my rejection from the Higher Ed. Admin. program.

I'm still wait-listed at UT's English PhD program, and all of my other admits and rejections are for English programs.

I am sorry to hear that. Do you think they have a wait list there that you might be able to get one, or are you leaning more toward the English Ph.D?

I will not be accepting their offer of admission.

seriously, they are the only school I am waiting for now,

but --- you still waiting?

found out I was accepted in a very strange way.

A month ago or so, I get an email saying they rec'd my FAFSA, but that it could not be processed unless I were to be admitted. Then, yesterday, I get an email saying that it has been processed. i assume from that information --I am in. I check my status online, and I am in. Later that night, i get the standard "your decision is available" email.

My financial aid there was all loans. I do not think it is a worthwhile investment for me. I will not be attending.