Common to talk with POI after the interview?

neuropsych76

So, I had an interview this weekend at one of my top choices and fortunately, I think it went well. However, at the very end of the day my POI told me he wished he could talk with me more and told me he wants to talk on the phone later. Is this common to still talk to POI's after the interview? Does this mean he's still interested in me or that I didn't discuss enough when I met with him? I'm pretty sure they are making decisions on admission pretty soon so I just didn't know what I should expect for this upcoming phone call.

Thanks for any insight!

So, I had an interview this weekend at one of my top choices and fortunately, I think it went well. However, at the very end of the day my POI told me he wished he could talk with me more and told me he wants to talk on the phone later. Is this common to still talk to POI's after the interview? Does this mean he's still interested in me or that I didn't discuss enough when I met with him? I'm pretty sure they are making decisions on admission pretty soon so I just didn't know what I should expect for this upcoming phone call.

Thanks for any insight!

Well, it's hard to say what exactly this professor wants to discuss with you but I would take it is a good sign!

I don't know whether it is common or not but it's not some anomany that must alert you ;)

Good luck!

I know this is probably not relevant to the OP's post, but do people usually talk after the interview (besides the thank you note) through email? My POI said I was welcome to ask any further questions I might have, but I feel that I've gotten enough information and just want the decision.

I know this is probably not relevant to the OP's post, but do people usually talk after the interview (besides the thank you note) through email? My POI said I was welcome to ask any further questions I might have, but I feel that I've gotten enough information and just want the decision.

I think it's fairly common. My POI wrote he same to me and thought I do not have any questions right now I will ask them questions as soon as I have some relevant ones. And I am almost sure I will - before the program starts! ;)