Let's get rejected!!!!!!

bialetti-overdose

I received this very cryptic message from UC Davis on February 11th.

"We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on February 17, 2011, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site. Please contact the Geography program if you have any questions regarding this decision."

Really? Who does that? I was pretty sure this was a precursor to the rejection letter as I felt that my application to Davis was easily the weakest (I had to shave my three page SoP down to a measly 1000 characters and have taken only one geography class as an undergraduate.)

Three days later I got my first firm answer: a rejection... from my SAFETY SCHOOL... on Valentines day! After moping and feeling sorry for myself for a few days I checked my application status on the Davis website convinced that I was in for another rejection. When I logged in I noticed that immediately after my name was UC Davis ID#xxxxxxxx, and then Congratulations! Needless to say I was pretty shocked. Now if only the other two schools (both of them my top choices) would stop playing with my emotions and just let me know already I could move on with my life.

logarytim is right. This is like hell.