University of Kentucky

I applied, too, and also haven't heard anything. I'm guessing notifications will go out a bit later than other school's because of the late deadline.

The results from last year seem to suggest that we won't hear anything until early March. It's only a few weeks away and yet it seems like forever!

Hello,

Didn't apply to KY this year, but I did apply for their MA last year. Just thought I would let you know that at least for rejections you have to check your online account to find out. I did not get a rejection letter or email from them, and when I called to inquire about the status of my application because I had other offers to choose from/needed to make a decision they would not give me any information over the phone. Not sure how they notify admits though. Good luck to everyone; it looks like a lovely program and campus is beautiful!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email with an attached acceptance letter to Kentucky's MA program with a TA-ship (stipend, tuition remission, health insurance). Anyone else hear from them?

I also received an acceptance email. I'm actually leaning towards Kentucky right now; what about you?

Edited by books

I just got an email with an attached acceptance letter to Kentucky's MA program with a TA-ship (stipend, tuition remission, health insurance). Anyone else hear from them?

Interesting; I got the same e-mail, but they told me funding was still being negotiated. I guess I'm not too high on their list ;). I got into a PhD program, though, so to anyone waitlisted, I'll be declining.

Edited by hopefulwoolfian

If you get into Kentucky's MA program, you can continue ("roll over") into their PhD program so long as you are in good standing in the program and at the university. So getting into the MA program is basically like getting into the PhD program, just so people are aware.

Interesting; I got the same e-mail, but they told me funding was still being negotiated. I guess I'm not too high on their list ;). I got into a PhD program, though, so to anyone waitlisted, I'll be declining.

If you get into Kentucky's MA program, you can continue ("roll over") into their PhD program so long as you are in good standing in the program and at the university. So getting into the MA program is basically like getting into the PhD program, just so people are aware.

That's good to know. I'm sorry if my comment came off as rude, by the way; I wasn't trying to disparage Kentucky, just give hope to any waitlisters out there (which was me last year).

And, where are my manners, I forgot to say congrats to both of you!!

I called and asked if a decision has been made on my application. She said the notifications had been sent to those admitted and those weight listed. I asked if my not hearing anything from the school was an implicit rejection, and she confirmed that it is a rejection.