Want to know your school's acceptance rate? Sort of?

baja318

Could I bother you again for the University of Delaware?

UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE = 30%

Pratt Institute and Parsons The New School both for M Arch program? Thanks.....

PRATT = 35%

PARSONS = 8%

The CAA catalogue doesn't break down admission stats by departments/programs - with the exception of a Separate Art Ed. Section.

What about WUSTL?

BTW, when I interviewed at SMFA, they said 1,200 applicants, 100 interviewees, and roughly 35 admits (2.5%!!) (not sure this is right, because I thought their class size was around 30-50, and they'd need to admit more than 35 to get there). thanks!

On 3/9/2011 at 6:39 PM, helec2003 said:

Oooh - what about Wisconsin at Madison Cranbrook and RISD?

WISCONSIN @ MADISON = unavailable

CRANBROOK = 31%

RISD = unavailable

On 3/10/2011 at 12:40 AM, bertyruss said:

What about WUSTL?

BTW, when I interviewed at SMFA, they said 1,200 applicants, 100 interviewees, and roughly 35 admits (2.5%!!) (not sure this is right, because I thought their class size was around 30-50, and they'd need to admit more than 35 to get there). thanks!

WUSTL = 26%

thank you so much!!! It's really nice of you to do that for everyone. Hope you have received a lot of good news!

On 3/10/2011 at 2:18 AM, baja318 said:

WISCONSIN @ MADISON = unavailable

CRANBROOK = 31%

RISD = unavailable

WUSTL = 26%

At my interview for the Saic painting program I asked some of the first year mfa students and they told me that the painting program received about 500 applicants of which 80 were interviewed and of those about half will be accepted.

I had an interview for the painting department at Saic and asked about their stats and this is what I was told. For the painting/drawing mfa they had about 500 applicants of which 80 were invited for interviews and of those about half will be accepted.

My girlfriend currently attends the UW in the ceramics dept and she learned that they had a bit over 100 applicants of which they accepted 4 and waitlisted about 25 (one of whom is me)

thank you so much!!! It's really nice of you to do that for everyone. Hope you have received a lot of good news!

Hey! congrats on your acceptance@Wisconsin!!

I went to visit Cranbrook this weekend, and you're right, it is amazing!!! what an awesome community!! good luck with everything!

Thanks so much for posting all this info! Would you please check if there are stats available for U of Kansas or San Francisco State? Thanks!!

U OF KANSAS = 30%

SAN FRAN STATE = ? I can't find this. Is it a new program?

You doing this amazing, and I understand if you are totally wiped out by it, but if you have the energy/time for just one more...

UW-Milwaukee, by chance?

Thanks!

UW MILWAUKEE = 29%

How about CCA?

CCA = unavailable

Sorry it took me so long to reply!

• 6 months later...

Are you still posting/willing to post stats? I'm applying for the fall 2012 season and am finally starting to freak out.

If you're still around, could you please look up:

CSU Fullerton and Northridge

Pacific Northwest College of the Arts

Oregon College of Arts and Crafts

UC Boulder

U Montana

PennDesign

UConnecticut

Thank you thank you thank you!!

• 1 month later...

It is important to not confuse the term admit with accept. Admit is how many students they invite to go to school there, accepts are how many students choose that school.

If they admit 20%, they might be looking for 5% of the pool to accept the offer (their yield in this case = 25%). Another program might admit 50% looking for a yield of %50. They could both be looking for 15 students, and the first program might get all of the good ones, and the other might get the bottom half of their selection or vs versa (depending on their aid and the strength, the desirability of the program, and the applicants opinion about whether they applied to a school that is a good match with what they think they want to do ).. These % numbers are pretty empty.