Simon Fraser U

Henry Hudson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey,

Looking for a place around Commercial Drive (East Van). My roommate is going to be at UBC, so we're finding a place between.

Hello to both Henry and Anastasia :)

Did you guys decide on where to stay? I am planning to stay somewhere in the North Burnaby area.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

Going to SFU for Latin American Studies MA in September too. I am from Minneapolis and this will be my first time in Vancouver, I'm excited!

Is anyone looking for a roommate or have a room to rent? My husband will be joining me within 6 months, I hope (pending visa ..!!), but I'm looking to sublet a room for the first 4-6 months in a house/apartment with another female or males/females if there are multiple housemates. Somewhere around Commercial Drive, Kitsilano or downtwon would be ideal (i've been told), but I'm flexible.

-Elizabeth

Hello!

Going to SFU for Latin American Studies MA in September too. I am from Minneapolis and this will be my first time in Vancouver, I'm excited!

Is anyone looking for a roommate or have a room to rent? My husband will be joining me within 6 months, I hope (pending visa ..!!), but I'm looking to sublet a room for the first 4-6 months in a house/apartment with another female or males/females if there are multiple housemates. Somewhere around Commercial Drive, Kitsilano or downtwon would be ideal (i've been told), but I'm flexible.

-Elizabeth

Hi, I'm from the Vancouver Metro area and grew up around SFU. I would suggest not living on Commercial Dr. Kitsilano or downtown as they are at least an hour away from SFU via public transit. It's a long haul to make every morning and back home in the afternoon. I suggest you look in the Burnaby/Port Moody/Coquitlam areas surrounding SFU as they are closer and would only take about a half hour to get to the school. SFU is in the suburbs and it's just not that easy to reach as it's on a mountain, meaning no train goes up there and bus transfers just to get to the campus are common.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello!

-Elizabeth

Hello! I am still working on wrapping up my undergrad in Spanish and Women's Studies in the States, but SFU is one of the schools that I'm looking at for my graduate work. I am really interested in their Latin American Studies MA. Would you mind if I sent you a PM with some general questions I have?

Is anyone looking for roommates? I will be starting Simon Fraser in September in their Master of Public Health program. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll send you my information.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I'm also starting at SFU in September in the MPH program. Nice to meet you all!

I already have a place in Burnaby, but good luck to those searching! Rent is a bit expensive in this city...

Hey everyone,

I'm also starting at SFU in September in the MPH program. Nice to meet you all!

I already have a place in Burnaby, but good luck to those searching! Rent is a bit expensive in this city...

thanks, Zarc! I'm still keeping an eye out on the web, but won't do my serious looking until I arrive in mid-late August. probably do the hostel thing for a week while I hunt.

I'm also open to roommates. I'm 43, male, and quiet. Anyone can feel free to message me, too.

Edited by Henry Hudson

• 1 year later...

Hello, I thought of renewing this thread to involve all the new admits this year. Would be nice to get to know fellow grad students attending this fall. Any tips on house rentals and how to go about looking for one over the web would be helpful.

Edited by cellerdoor