SUNY Stony Brook 2011

Any word from the English department? I sent a politely worded e-mail wanting to make sure my application was complete (never heard anything from them after application and some other schools had misfiled some of my paperwork) and got a terse "We're still compiling applications. We'll let you know if anything's missing." That was a couple of weeks ago, I think.

I'm waiting, too. Haven't heard anything yet!

I haven't heard a peep either. Someone else on the forums has Stony Brook listed as a waitlist in his signature, but that's all I've seen. :(

I haven't heard a peep either. Someone else on the forums has Stony Brook listed as a waitlist in his signature, but that's all I've seen. :(

Are you sure that person's signature for Stony Brook was for English and not for a similar program...like Cultural Studies?

Are you sure that person's signature for Stony Brook was for English and not for a similar program...like Cultural Studies?

No :P I was just going to send you a message asking how/when you'd heard from them.

I emailed the program director and the response was:

"The Professors of the Graduate Review Committee are in the final process of making selections for Fall 2011. Letters will be sent out by March 15. "

Hope that helps everyone relax a little.