uc davis email

stupidcat

We are in the process of making a decision on your application for admission. You may review the decision after 8:00 a.m. PST on March 3, 2011, by accessing your UC Davis application on the online admission web site.

Good sign?

Bad Sign?

Why they tell me now, bah. The wait is the worst part.

I recently had a similar experience with a different school and ended up getting in. I am not sure why they did this, but I don't think it's a bad or good sign. Just a sign that you're almost done waiting, which is also good! Good luck! This is the worst part and soon the wait is over.

Good sign?

Bad Sign?

Why they tell me now, bah. The wait is the worst part.

I got that email a coule week again too. I was sure it meant rejection but when I checked the website a week letter I had been accepted. I think that's just how they roll at UC Davis. Good Luck!

I got that email a coule week again too. I was sure it meant rejection but when I checked the website a week letter I had been accepted. I think that's just how they roll at UC Davis. Good Luck!

Thanks, I'm hoping.

I'd go ahead and check now. I had an acceptance email within 15 minutes of getting that letter. I think it's just the way that the Embark system does things.

I've still been checking twice a day since I got the email yesterday (morning/night) and still nothing. :P

I also got that E-mail today and checked my status on embark immediately afterwards and got an acceptance. Strange how it says March 3.

Weird. I checked my embark account every day and didn't get results until the 17th.

I got the same email telling me to check on the 17th and I got in, so it's definitely not a bad sign. Like others have said, I think that's just how the embark system works. Best of luck!

I had a similar email and i found the acceptance on embark. The only problem is that there is no info on funding.. Is anyone on the same boat?

I got funding info in a separate email about a week and a half later.

On the admit provisions it says i need to take an english exam on sept 14, but it sounds strange since my toefl is way higher than the minimum requested (96 over 80). Any idea? Thanks.

I just got this email today. Nothing available yet, sadly. I will keep checking in case it goes up early. I'm 99.999% positive it's a rejection so I'd like to get it out of the way and remove that .001% of false hope.

I got the same email telling me to check the morning of the 10th. Im not optimistic admissions, and far less still about funding. When the decision comes in let us all know.

I had a similar email and i found the acceptance on embark. The only problem is that there is no info on funding.. Is anyone on the same boat?

Yeah I have heard nothing about funding. I'm starting to get this really paranoid feeling that I somehow forgot to apply for it.

Anyone else get an invitation to attend the recruitment session at the end of the month? They even offered to cover my travel expenses. Booya, free trip to Cali!

I just got this email today. Nothing available yet, sadly. I will keep checking in case it goes up early. I'm 99.999% positive it's a rejection so I'd like to get it out of the way and remove that .001% of false hope.

I checked the website today (3/7) and they posted the decision two days early. Rejection..:(

I was told to check the morning of Thursday the 10th, midday today (7th) Embark was updated to include Deny Reason 2: No major professor available in proposed specialization in major. Not surprised since I applied at the last minute without speaking to POIs and simply included 3 potential ones in my application. Unfortunately, since then I realized one them would be perfect and I should have tailored my application accordingly, if only the timing had worked out. Though since there wasnt much of a chance of funding and I got into my 1st choice (still with no funding), Im rather apathetic to the decision. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

PhD Geography

I was told to check the morning of Thursday the 10th, midday today (7th) Embark was updated to include Deny Reason 2: No major professor available in proposed specialization in major. Not surprised since I applied at the last minute without speaking to POIs and simply included 3 potential ones in my application. Unfortunately, since then I realized one them would be perfect and I should have tailored my application accordingly, if only the timing had worked out. Though since there wasnt much of a chance of funding and I got into my 1st choice (still with no funding), Im rather apathetic to the decision. Good luck to the rest of you still waiting.

PhD Geography

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one that applied last minute without speaking to any POIs. I find myself in an opposite situation from yours though. I did get accepted to Davis but rejected from my top choice. Now I'm freaking out because this is my only acceptance so far (and only waiting on one more), I haven't been offered any funding and I know absolutely nothing about the program.

PhD Geography