Waiting for last response

borderlands

I'm going to give it another week before I start daily emails to the DGS of the three programs I'm waiting on. March 15 should really be D-Day for grand majority of programs. They should be done by then. I bet a lot of them are done but just haven't released results yet for whatever reasons. I'm pretty much set on Nebraska as my home next year, but, any of the three schools that are left could lure me away if I am accepted, and being kept in limbo is putting a serious crimp on my ability to, you know, plan the next several years of my life in a relatively short period of time. I figure once March 15 rolls around, I'm perfectly justified in being a little pushy.

I'm going to give it another week before I start daily emails to the DGS of the three programs I'm waiting on. March 15 should really be D-Day for grand majority of programs. They should be done by then. I bet a lot of them are done but just haven't released results yet for whatever reasons. I'm pretty much set on Nebraska as my home next year, but, any of the three schools that are left could lure me away if I am accepted, and being kept in limbo is putting a serious crimp on my ability to, you know, plan the next several years of my life in a relatively short period of time. I figure once March 15 rolls around, I'm perfectly justified in being a little pushy.

Okay, you go first. Don't you have an insider for Indiana anyway?

I'm just waiting on UW's MA program. Anyone know when we should get some news out of Seattle?

Yes, they are taking so long! We were supposed to hear last week. It doesn't matter for me since I've made my choice and withdrew my application (even if I got accepted I think I would fit better at UBC), but still.

Notifications are supposed to go out in USPS from IUB tomorrow. Good luck. I'm dying here.

Okay, you go first. Don't you have an insider for Indiana anyway?

Yeah, and he didn't mind giving me a little head's up on what was going on when I emailed him a few weeks ago, but he also told me to just go ahead and email the DGS with any questions since they guy is apparently genuinely friendly and willing to answer any questions.

Notifications are supposed to go out in USPS from IUB tomorrow. Good luck. I'm dying here.

Well that's nice, at least I'll have an answer one way or the other in the next few days, if true. Strikes me as kind of weird that they're sending out both rejections and acceptances en masse via USPS, seems so old school with so much communication being via email, but, even if it's a rejection (which I'm sort of expecting), I'll be glad that the waiting is that much closer to being over. Guess that means I could just email the DGS tomorrow and ask, if I don't want to wait the extra couple days. :)

Oh... fabulous. Now I have a perfect excuse to e-mail the DGS... because I'm still abroad and they're sending the mail to my parents instead of me! :( Now I just need to work up my nerves to ask him myself. Thanks for the info, Yitzchak!