Georgetown

I got prelim admission notification today, still waiting for the committee to provide funding info...fingers crossed!

Masters or PhD? Good luck if with PhD- traditionally loads of problems re.funding but DC is a great town.

Masters or PhD? Good luck if with PhD- traditionally loads of problems re.funding but DC is a great town.

MA. I assume you're going the PhD route? And do you know if funding the funding issue is generally in the PhD area at gtown or university-wide?

MA. I assume you're going the PhD route? And do you know if funding the funding issue is generally in the PhD area at gtown or university-wide?

Generally PhD, but the MAs are often seen as money-raisers for the university. I guess some people get funding from a load of others who get none but want the brand. The only problem with DC-area PhD programs is that often the professors are off doing consulting work rather than working closely with grad students.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an acceptance listed yesterday at Georgetown (PhD). Anyone out there claiming this? I assumed they were only sending out rejections at this point.

Yes that's odd. I haven't heard from Gtown, but have assumed rejection. The results entry doesn't mention funding. Possibly some people are turning down unfunded offers (or funded for that matter), so now the school is working it's way down some kind of "unofficial" waitlist. Not getting my hopes up.

Yes that's odd. I haven't heard from Gtown, but have assumed rejection. The results entry doesn't mention funding. Possibly some people are turning down unfunded offers (or funded for that matter), so now the school is working it's way down some kind of "unofficial" waitlist. Not getting my hopes up.

I posted my acceptance a few days ago even though they were actually given to me back in February. I hope I put the actual acceptance date on there, which was Feb 28.

For what it's worth, they're admit day is very late--April 8--so they may not be done with acceptances yet, though I have no inside knowledge of any of that.

Good luck!

I posted my acceptance a few days ago even though they were actually given to me back in February. I hope I put the actual acceptance date on there, which was Feb 28.

For what it's worth, they're admit day is very late--April 8--so they may not be done with acceptances yet, though I have no inside knowledge of any of that.

Good luck!

OK thanks! Yes - I see two acceptances posted on the board from yesterday -- one must've been yours (Feb), but the other one looks to be from someone who hadn't heard anything. we shall see! so have you decided between GT and GWU yet?

Nope, I don't think they're giving me any funding since the letter didn't mention anything about funding. It went straight from congratulations to here are the details about the admit weekend.

I haven't heard anything from Georgetown either...PhD or Masters. It's a little odd, because I'm assuming a rejection, but people are getting their rejections now...I guess just more waiting? There's only a few more weeks before I have to accept somewhere.

OK thanks! Yes - I see two acceptances posted on the board from yesterday -- one must've been yours (Feb), but the other one looks to be from someone who hadn't heard anything. we shall see! so have you decided between GT and GWU yet?

Nope still weighing both. Gtown was my top choice when I first applied but I've been really impressed w/ GWU so far. They have their GWU has its admit day on Monday so we'll see how that goes, and importantly, if the funding comes through for one or both of them!

I am accepted by Georgetown phd, but I don't think I can get the funding....no different from a rejection if I'm unable to get funds..I'm just curious who will attend this program with self-funds..... it's just too expensive!!!!!! Also, the GPA requirement is really high

Edited by hughwu

I am accepted by Georgetown phd, but I don't think I can get the funding....no different from a rejection if I'm unable to get funds..I'm just curious who will attend this program with self-funds..... it's just too expensive!!!!!! Also, the GPA requirement is really high

When did they notify you? :)