Elliott School (GWU) Fall 2011

apsuwa

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 25k as well, looks like that covers tuition right?

Hey if it's 25k per year congrats! Otherwise I'm pretty sure it splits between the two years, so it only covers 12,500 per year....which is still awesome. I got 15k for two years, which is do-able. No loans from undergrad, so I can handle some for two years I guess. congrats again :)

Hey if it's 25k per year congrats! Otherwise I'm pretty sure it splits between the two years, so it only covers 12,500 per year....which is still awesome. I got 15k for two years, which is do-able. No loans from undergrad, so I can handle some for two years I guess. congrats again :)

Unfortunately it's over two years, I think I was reading the cost of attendance graph wrong so it's only half of tuition...Oh well, I think it'll still cost less than SAIS (I got pretty nearly the same award from them, $12k for the first year.)

Does anyone have an idea when people on the wait list might start hearing back? The email said we'd hear by May 21st but that's really late considering other schools' deadlines...

Edited by etoile9

The admissions packet finally came today. I was hoping I'd learn more about the school (number of applicants this year, when to register, etc.), but I guess I'll learn more later on.

I'm in the same boat. I'm coming from Texas, so I'm not sure how smart it would be for me to go. I am considering it though. I wish they would give a little more information on what to expect.

I think the email they sent about admit day said it all. It seems like another Open House basically. You go, meet the faculty, listen to information about the programs, and talk to current students I'm guessing. The best reason to go would be to see the campus and start looking at neighborhoods to live in. The only other reason is if you're realllly not sure about which school to go to, and you're the type of person where you go on gut instinct. That happened with me and Georgetown undergrad. Fabulous school, great name, but I visited and it just wasn't for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if there is a facebook group or something similar for incoming Elliott school grad students? I wasn't able to make it to the admitted students open house.

Just got an email saying I was admitted off the waitlist, but I declined.

So if you're on the waitlist, there's hope!

Wow, I sent them an email on Thursday for any update they might be able to provide on the waitlist progress, but was told there's no news to report at the moment. I didn't get anything on Friday...I wonder if that's a sign that I didn't get in, like they sent all of the admits out at once. Wonder if they keep going down the list, since you declined quickly maybe they'll offer your spot up to someone else....like me. Well, still trying to not get too worked up about it, I still have somewhere to go this Fall and at this point I'm happy about it. But I do have a sliver of hope I suppose...congrats on the acceptance and thanks for declining :)

Anyone heard anything now that May 1st has come and gone? Information about class registration, orientation, etc?

I've been wondering the same thing. I signed an acceptance form about a month ago and haven't heard anything from the school. So I checked their website and found this: http://elliott.gwu.edu/academics/grad/advising/newstudent.cfm

I've been wondering the same thing. I signed an acceptance form about a month ago and haven't heard anything from the school. So I checked their website and found this: http://elliott.gwu.e.../newstudent.cfm

I received an email after submitting my deposit saying registration info would be sent sometime in May. As I'm currently not in the US, I was worried that if the information was sent by mail, the registration dates would pass before I even received the information. I emailed my advisor the other day (advisor info can be found in the link that dali99 posted) and was told to register ASAP. They also said that they offer call-in advising on Tuesdays 11am-1pm and Wednesdays 4-6pm to answer general questions.

I received an email after submitting my deposit saying registration info would be sent sometime in May. As I'm currently not in the US, I was worried that if the information was sent by mail, the registration dates would pass before I even received the information. I emailed my advisor the other day (advisor info can be found in the link that dali99 posted) and was told to register ASAP. They also said that they offer call-in advising on Tuesdays 11am-1pm and Wednesdays 4-6pm to answer general questions.

I have been wondering about this too. I think I could figure out how to use my GWID to set up an email, etc., but I have been holding off since I hadn't really heard anything. My program was also apparently going to have some kind of pre-term session, but I have not heard anything about that either. I have just been assuming that people are busy with the end of the semester.

Does anyone know how the living situation will be? I live in California so it's not easy to fly in and out to look for apartments. I don't find the school's housing website too helpful: I can look at the apartments online but it's out of context especially for those who can't afford to travel over there.