unable to pass a class that I'm taking

I'm in a class in a different dept (we have to take credits in other departments) and there is no way i can pass the class. any advice? should i take a W?

YES - a W is better than an F.

thanks, i just dont know how to have this conversation with my advisor

I'd hope your advisor would realize that you are human, and sometimes things just don't work out as planned. If you intend to take the course again, the time you spent this term will not have been wasted. I am sure you will get a lot more out of the class the second time through, and you will end up with a solid grasp of the course material.

Edited by emmm

I'd hope your advisor would realize that you are human, and sometimes things just don't work out as planned. If you intend to take the course again, the time you spent this term will not have been wasted. I am sure you will get a lot more out of the class the second time through, and you will end up with a solid grasp of the course material.

yeah, i guess. this is simply a class i thought would help me and i didnt know how much calculus it would include. it was an honest mistake i guess, i dont think i would ever retake it, i would rather take something else. and no, i dont my advisor would realize i'm human, which is why i am scared to tell him

Lie. Say you were sick or something.

Horrible, horrible advice, imo. Lying to your advisor should be avoided- if you get caught in a lie, it will make everything much worse.

I'd just be honest- you're in Geography, I can't imagine that there's a huge call for calculus and higher math (although I could be wrong). Just say the course pre-reqs were different than you'd thought, and you can't catch up this late in.