57 members have voted

1. 1. Which degree did you apply for?

• M.A. in Arab Studies
    • M.A. in German & European Studies
    • M.A. in Latin American Studies
    • M.A. Russian, Eurasian & East European Studies
    • M.A. in Security Studies
    • M.S. in Foreign Service

I know. I hope we hear today. This admissions cycle has been far more excruciating than any other application process I have ever done! Someone call? I would, but I'm in China.

I called last monday and they said "we will send decisions around April 1". So I guess 3 weeks of time seems reasonable.

I called last monday and they said "we will send decisions around April 1". So I guess 3 weeks of time seems reasonable.

I hope they're erring on the side of caution so no one says "but you said results would be out x date!"

Hopefully they'll send things out soon. I'm getting extremely anxious.

I hope they're erring on the side of caution so no one says "but you said results would be out x date!"

Hopefully they'll send things out soon. I'm getting extremely anxious.

Yeah - reading through it seems to me like admissions was less than forthcoming about the results. Everyone admitted got an email earlier than expected, but whenever anyone who hadn't received an email called - admissions told them that their letters were in the mail or set to be mailed (never acknowledging that the admitted students had already been notified).

I'm sure it would be nice to get a hard copy confirmation of an acceptance, but I'll trade that satisfaction for an earlier notification. I really hope we avoid the uncertainty that people went through last year - and it seems like email notifications are the best way to accomplish that.

Looks like some of the Security Studies people have gotten their snail-mail results...the wait is making me crazy!

Agreed, in fact - there are responses on the results page for all the other SFS programs (security studies, arab studies, latin america, etc.) - some snail mail some email. I guess the MSFS go out last?

Just got the acceptance email! Amazing - I had just finished convincing myself that I was going to have to wait for a letter in April. Thank goodness.

Details from the letter:

-Nearly 1,000 applicants this year (class size of less than 100)

-Open house Thursday April 14 (2 days after SIPA, and one day after SAIS - that's going to be a crazy week)

-No mention of funding (for me at least - anyone else?)

So excited - I finally have a MA/MBA combo possibility.

Congrats to everyone!

Just got the acceptance email! Amazing - I had just finished convincing myself that I was going to have to wait for a letter in April. Thank goodness.

Details from the letter:

-Nearly 1,000 applicants this year (class size of less than 100)

-Open house Thursday April 14 (2 days after SIPA, and one day after SAIS - that's going to be a crazy week)

-No mention of funding (for me at least - anyone else?)

So excited - I finally have a MA/MBA combo possibility.

Congrats to everyone!

Congrats, everyone!

Quick question: when y'all got your email did your application page change to reflect the decision? I haven't gotten the email. For the other schools, I would always get my email last but I was able to check my decision before I got the email.

Quick question: when y'all got your email did your application page change to reflect the decision?

Nothing's changed on the applyyourself page so far. I'm pretty familiar with it given that I've logged in and out at least 200 times over the past 48 hours. Looks like that effort was all for naught - but I'm not complaining.

I just received my acceptance. Does anyone have any thoughts on the value of doing MSFS vs. working full-time and doing the Security Studies program in the evening? I applied to both, and this choice has taken on more importance after being waitlisted at HKS. My initial thoughts are that it makes more sense to continue working full-time and doing the SSP, but I'm curious to hear any opinions either way.

Congrats to all who got in, and best of luck to those who didn't - don't let this crapshoot of a process get you down!

Although MSFS is a great program, they suck at keeping you posted, esp. the notification of acceptance/rejection. I remember last year they emailed those who accepted but let those rejected waited for the snail mail. How awful was that? Hope they won't do this again this year. So I am taking no news is bad news. :-(