NDSEG fellowship

BG7

I think the HPC awards were given first, and other departments will send notifications on Monday. Want to downvote me?

I can get behind that. Sounds like we won't know which department is who until the list is released?

And yet there are so many examples of this on the internet. It is both sad and funny, really. Almost as sad as how crazy this whole process has made me. :lol:

True. Though gradcafe is probably less of a troll magnet than most places.

True. Though gradcafe is probably less of a troll magnet than most places.

Fair enough. All I know is that I had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and had an email saying I got it. Then I woke up for real this morning and was quite disappointed. :angry:

Fair enough. All I know is that I had a dream last night that I woke up this morning and had an email saying I got it. Then I woke up for real this morning and was quite disappointed. :angry:

I had a nightmare that I couldn't adapt the last proposal I wrote to the current proposal I'm writing. Then I woke up and realized it was true. xD Will be very glad for some resolution on NDSEG, either way, such that I can move on with my life...

Here's some more speculation:

In 2007, awardees were notified on Monday, April 2, 2007 and requested to respond by Monday, April 9, 2007.

In 2009, awardees were notified on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 and requested to respond by Tuesday, April 7th, 2009.

Based solely on two data points alone, it seems that people are given one full week to either accept or decline the NDSEG fellowship.

This year, according to NeuroJoeBruin's c&p, awardees were requested to respond by Tuesday, April 26, 2011.

I wonder if the award emails were actually suppose to go out on Tuesday, April 19, 2011, but someone accidentally sent them on Saturday...

[quote name=hello! :)' timestamp='1303072002' post='246411]

I wonder if the award emails were actually suppose to go out on Tuesday, April 19, 2011, but someone accidentally sent them on Saturday...

I'm not a fan of the "supposed to go out Tuesday" idea simply because it means we won't hear on Monday...

*sigh* I'm not a fan of that possibility either.

I hope that we'll hear back by 1pm-ish EDT. Here's to some more hoping! happy.gif

Adding to the stats here: I received an award notification email yesterday (Saturday) at 3:34 PM EST. I'm 100% experimental and have a feeling my funding agency is most likely ONR. I can also confirm that the http://ndseg.asee.org/award/ page has some coding issues, as mentioned by a previous poster. Good luck to the rest of you who are still waiting!

Edited by epsil119

like everyone else i cannot access https://ndseg.asee.org/award i get the wrong password error message. HOWEVER, how wierd is it that the URL is a good link? i mean for it to exist means that someone had to have gotten a notification right? because i cannot find it anywhere on the NDSEG homepage....yet the link is active.

I have to chuckle that you are the first person to look up the past results... aren't we all interested in doing research? I didn't even think of going that route (silly me) and I admire your willingness to look it up. This brings the dialogue a little further from pure speculation and into some kind of settled predictability. Thanks TheNeurotic....

I am just waiting it out. Probably hear something Monday or Tuesday. Either way, I can't keep hanging out here - things to do elsewhere! Plus 1 for you, buddy.

Past history from grad cafe

2010 results:

Monday April 12, all in about two hours, winners given one week to decide

2009 results:

Tuesday March 31, all in about two hours

2008 results:

Monday March 31, all in about two hours

2007 results:

Monday April 2, all in about two hours

like everyone else i cannot access https://ndseg.asee.org/award i get the wrong password error message. HOWEVER, how wierd is it that the URL is a good link? i mean for it to exist means that someone had to have gotten a notification right? because i cannot find it anywhere on the NDSEG homepage....yet the link is active.

Actually, it makes sense that the link works but not everyone can log in. If you don't have an award, obviously, you won't be able to log into the awards page.

That is the same link they use every year. You could have typed that in back in October and gotten the same results. The important thing is when they start letting people into it.

Thanks bone. Got HM for nsf and it got me an inteview for a RA position. Ndseg would seal the deal. I know deep down we will all wake up to an answer and I'm so dreading the result! I hope mensa is right and its only awardees and we are ALL on the wait list but not denied yet! Whose with me on glimer of hope! This thread has kept me sane the past week lol!

except, didn't someone from aerospace get the award?

fortytwo did:

Just FYI, you're not being trolled. I got an acceptance email around 3:30 as well (for aerospace).

Edited by mmk

I find hope in the fact that none of the Aeronautical Engineers or Electrical Engineers on this forum have posted acceptances, considering they account for almost 25% of all the awardees .

Actually I think fortytwo is aero, though he did say that his stuff was computational. No EE awards that I recall though...

Lol I read all the posts. 4 people getting emails out of all of us when many called including me and all talked to rachel at ndseg about fri before 5pm letters. If you won congrats. I probably didn't win. I'm ok with that. But I will always, along with many other members, think you are trollin.