NDSEG fellowship

BG7

I don't sense any excitement in your post. Did you really get an acceptance email?

EDIT: OK, I see the letter now. I believe you. Congrats!!!

Edited by husky

For those who got it, has the status changed when you login to your application page?

No, it looks exactly as it did before. However you may want to try the /award link because that is where I can a copy of my award letter.

Edit: it looks like the user NDSEG (not to be confused with the program) beat me to it.

Edited by NeuroJoeBruin

if you haven't received an email yet, but want to know if you've received it, go to the award page http://ndseg.asee.org/award and try to log in with the same email/pw combo you used for your application.

There is always the chance that whatever automated system is sending out the emails hasn't processed that you have won it until it actually gets to your name and sends the email, so I would take this with a grain of salt, unless someone who has yet to receive a letter is able to log in.

I don't sense any excitement in your post. Did you really get an acceptance email?

EDIT: OK, I see the letter now. I believe you. Congrats!!!

If you are talking to me then all I can say is that I am more in shock right now than anything.

Edited by NeuroJoeBruin

This is a little frustrating. What rhyme or reason is there to the order in which the announcements are being given out? Or is there even one...

Uh I'm having a weird problem here. I go to log into the awards page and the email and password that Firefox has saved on this computer (from before presumably) don't work. When I go to reset the password it says my email address is not found. When I search my email I see that I only have one email from the NDSEG people and it's a reminder for supplemental materials. I am pretty sure I submitted the application... does anyone have a confirmation email from application submission? Seriously if I forgot to actually submit the application I'm going to punch myself in the nuts. I remember submitting the essays and everything... Can anyone else reset their password?

Uh I'm having a weird problem here. I go to log into the awards page and the email and password that Firefox has saved on this computer (from before presumably) don't work. When I go to reset the password it says my email address is not found. When I search my email I see that I only have one email from the NDSEG people and it's a reminder for supplemental materials. I am pretty sure I submitted the application... does anyone have a confirmation email from application submission? Seriously if I forgot to actually submit the application I'm going to punch myself in the nuts. I remember submitting the essays and everything... Can anyone else reset their password?

Just try logging into the 'apply' page; that still works for me, even though the award page says my username/password isn't right.

I also only have the supplemental materials reminder, though I can log into the apply page just fine and see that my application was submitted...if an award was not actually made, I wouldn't expect to be able to log into the awards page. But as jendoly pointed out, their system could still be in transition.

Edited by mmk

Just try logging into the 'apply' page; that still works for me, even though the award page says my username/password isn't right.

Wow, good haha, I was able to log in. I was about to have a heart attack thinking that I had just forgotten to submit the application and that was why my email address wasn't in their database anymore.

If you are talking to me then all I can say is that I am more in shock right now than anything.

Yes, I guess we all react to shock in our own way. When I got the NSF, I screamed until my voice got all scratchy.:P

Congrats again!!!

if i decline now do they open a spot for someone else? i am accepting another fellowship that's slightly better, but technically i don't need to decide for a few days

I think so. That must be why they haven't sent all the emails. But I don't know for sure.

The first notifications were sent out at 3:33 pm EST? What time is it now 6:03pm? Either they're doing this manually, or they have some order to the madness for god knows what reasons. If the system were automated, this type of batch e-mailing would take a matter of minutes, at most... certainly not 3 hours.

Edited by Kriegsspiele

So, so far, we know of 2 emails to two cogsci people at 3:33 EDT, with one accept, one reject? Is that the correct tally?

We know of those and then I think two other people in this thread who claimed to have gotten an email offer but didn't give their area of research.

Edited by boneh3ad

When I logged into the award page it said something like this in big red letters enclosed in a box: "The change you are trying to make isn't allowed. Maybe your account does not have the right privileges..."

Did anyone else get this?

[quote name=hello! :)' timestamp='1302996350' post='246033]

When I logged into the award page it said something like this in big red letters enclosed in a box: "The change you are trying to make isn't allowed. Maybe your account does not have the right privileges..."

Did anyone else get this?