NDSEG fellowship

BG7

Just so you know, they've done this before, where they've given out acceptances in two rounds. In that situation though there was at least 1 week between round 1 and round 2. I don't think they have that kind of time on this go around.

The difference being that the running theory here is that not all of that "first round" has been sent out yet. Usually they give a week to decide for the first round people and then when they get all their responses they send out a second round to the people who are next on the list now that spots have opened up. This time it sounds like they only sent out a portion of the original group. That is how I have interpreted this anyway.

Hi, I've been watching for a few days as well, and am also likely awaiting a rejection letter. I sent an e-mail on Friday asking if they were sending out rejection notices as well as award notifications-I was trying to find out if I should stop waiting. I received a response this morning.

"The first wave of award notifications have been issued, however, we are still in the process of administering the complete list of awards this time."

Hope that helps. Looks like there's still hope!

My apologies fortytwo. Congratulations to you and the other winners.

I agree with you in principle, it's just easier said than done.

I tried to delete my account and cleared my history and vowed never to return...to block all of this out of my mind and focus on this boring paper I'm reading.

However...you apparently have to ask a moderator to "disable" your account (can't actually delete it), and...this forum remains here....so....sadly...I remain here.

Also this unread paper remains on my desk. :-P

I tried to delete my account and cleared my history and vowed never to return...to block all of this out of my mind and focus on this boring paper I'm reading.

However...you apparently have to ask a moderator to "disable" your account (can't actually delete it), and...this forum remains here....so....sadly...I remain here.

Also this unread paper remains on my desk. :-P

Glad to see I'm not the only one.....

So what's everyone's poison this morning? Mine is "A Self Consistent Bathymetric Mapping Algorithm".... but I doubt Ill get through it until I hear about these decisions...

So what's everyone's poison this morning? Mine is "A Self Consistent Bathymetric Mapping Algorithm".... but I doubt Ill get through it until I hear about these decisions...

Filling out a purchase order to get an array of plasma actuators, trying to finish this bit of homework, studying for quals... not much of it is actually getting finished.

Writing my quals, siRNA, cell plating and treatments...

Compared to Friday though, I'm making LOADS of progress...

Sitting in class, straining to pay attention. Next, have to produce analysis summaries for my lab meeting in 3 hours. Let's see if I can accomplish anything in that time... Chances are, probably not.

I'm trying in vain to concentrate on this STM head design. I keep finding ways to search for things on the internet and invariably ending up refreshing this forum page...

Refreshing it with reckless abandon, I might add.

The worst part is that once I start this interview at 1, I'm pretty much not gonna be able to see if we get the email until like 4. Anxiety!

I read threads on grad cafe when I was originally applying to grad school in 2008, and have been since while waiting for fellowship decisions like NSF and this one. I just signed up today to say:

I got NSF, and if I also get NDSEG, I'm not going to post it on here because you're all a bunch of weird conspiracy-theorists that I had hoped had better things to do than harass the poor souls that posted their decisions on here, but it looks like I was wrong... very wrong.

I read threads on grad cafe when I was originally applying to grad school in 2008, and have been since while waiting for fellowship decisions like NSF and this one. I just signed up today to say:

I got NSF, and if I also get NDSEG, I'm not going to post it on here because you're all a bunch of weird conspiracy-theorists that I had hoped had better things to do than harass the poor souls that posted their decisions on here, but it looks like I was wrong... very wrong.

Well that was constructive.

The worst part is that once I start this interview at 1, I'm pretty much not gonna be able to see if we get the email until like 4. Anxiety!

Think of it as a * positive* thing! Hahah, you actually at least have a chance of doing something productive, while several of us sit here hitting F5 in vain.

Then when you check at 4, it may/may not be there, but it will be like you skipped ahead to nearly the end of the business day. :)

So in summary, you signed up today to:

1. Tell us you got an NSF on a NDSEG thread and,

2. Inform us that you will not inform us if you get an NDSEG, on an NDSEG thread.

I'm making some rather large revisions to a manuscript where I'm just the 2nd author... was waiting for the lead author to finish it up, but it was taking forever for this person to get around to doing it. It's been over a year already! So frustrating!!! Not only would it have helped me in my applications, the significance of the study has decreased as one other group recently reported similar results...

LOL. Please tell me you're not one of the two people I think you could be.

Haha he's not me, but he may have a point about the conspiracy theories, especially since you're now thinking one of us is conspiring to insult you under another name.

By the way, thanks to the people who posted apologies, though you really didn't have to. I've been more amused than offended.

Haha he's not me, but he may have a point about the conspiracy theories, especially since you're now thinking one of us is conspiring to insult you under another name.

By the way, thanks to the people who posted apologies, though you really didn't have to. I've been more amused than offended.

Clearly the trolls are now on to phase 2: inundating the ASEE offices with phone calls so no one can work thus further delaying the release of the rest of the decisions. ;)

Edited by boneh3ad

Here's what we need to do. Build a near light speed vehicle and fly around in it for, say, half an hour. According to Einstein, it should be Tuesday or so for the rest of humanity at that point, so we will likely have gotten all the notifications. Also, guaranteed funding for life for building the near light speed vehicle.