NDSEG fellowship

BG7

Also consider the percentage of acceptances per discipline. If we had 100 aerospace engineers in here you would expect roughly 20 acceptances. With something like biology, you expect less than 10. It is hard to judge.

Rejection or no I just want to be notified so that I can get back to my other obligations sans distractions.

+1. Can't do ANYTHING.

Yes. I expect a rejection e-mail in the next 30 minutes.

I really hope so (I mean... I guess I'd rather an acceptance :P ). The fellowship waiting game is a highly efficient destroyer of productivity and I'm ready to move on!

Of course, after the rejections are sent, we're still going to be bugging those accepted to post their stats so we can see how we matched up to the superstars. Speaking of which, accepted superstars, care to list your field/GPA/GRE and what not for the future generations of applicants wondering how they too can obtain success?

Is this really the determining factor for NDSEG ? If so, someone needs a kick in the nuts.

Apparently something around 25% of the score you get is based on GPA and GRE. At least that's what a previous poster stated. And yes, it does suck for it to matter that much.

Actually, the biosciences typically have 20 awardees each year...it's the discipline I applied to, and have been waiting to hear whether anyone on here also applied and has heard anything.

I was going by percentages, not total awardees.

I just don't understand why they can't stick to the deadlines they say they will, we have too! Try to turn in a grant late? Of course it's not accepted. Their punishment for missing 2 stated deadlines now should be funding for all. At the very least they should pay for our drinks once we go drown our sorrows.

I think we would have better luck trying to get into the pants of super models than getting a truthful response from them at this point.

Instead of dragging this out, why not just tell those of us that are at the bottom of the barrel that we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting an award (I'd even be okay if my email having an evil laugh attached to it) and then make all the people who are 'qualified' sweat out till the last minute. Just more proof that the government is made up of a bunch of sadists.

Maybe they have an automated program sending out the rejections well into the evening so that they don't get a deluge of emails/calls about them during working hours?

Maybe they have an automated program sending out the rejections well into the evening so that they don't get a deluge of emails/calls about them during working hours?

That would have been smart of them like, last Friday, but if that's their plan now, they probably got more calls today about notifications than they would have if they'd just sent the darn things...

What subjects have heard anything?

Yeses from:

-CS (fluffy, dude from link at WashU, 2006)

-cogsci (neurojoeb)

-Materials (dude from link at Drexel )

-aerospace (fortytwo)

-chemE (ifiwuzabear)

Unknown field:

ecbbce, kala tim

Has anyone gotten accepted from:

Math?

EE?

Bio?

Physics?

Chem?

Civil?

Maybe our sample size is too small...but I feel like there is some significant award notifications missing. But if there were ~3000 applicants and we have about 158 applicants here on the forum, then yah, not a big enough sample size to tell anything from this if there are only 200 awards

On 4/18/2011 at 4:34 PM, kkompiles said:

Yeses from:

-cogsci (neurojoeb)

-aerospace (fortytwo)

-chemE (ifiwuzabear)

Unknown field:

ecbbce, kala tim

Math?

EE?

Bio?

Physics?

Chem?

Civil?

Maybe our sample size is too small...but I feel like there is some significant award notifications missing. But if there were ~3000 applicants and we have about 158 applicants here on the forum, then yah, not a big enough sample size to tell anything from this if there are only 200 awards

oh no! Don't bring back the hope of more awards!

I was making progress through the various stages of grief...

That being said, you make a good point.

oh no! Don't bring back the hope of more awards!

I was making progress through the various stages of grief...

That being said, you make a good point.

Yah...I'm gonna need to hear of at least one person getting an offer from EE if I'm going to successfully give up all hope. I am still hanging by one thread..... so annoying...

On 4/18/2011 at 4:34 PM, kkompiles said:

Yeses from:

-cogsci (neurojoeb)

-aerospace (fortytwo)

-chemE (ifiwuzabear)

Unknown field:

ecbbce, kala tim

Math?

EE?

Bio?

Physics?

Chem?

Civil?

Would +1 you but I'm all out. Good point on the categories missing...