NDSEG fellowship

BG7

ugh.. i got off the computer for awhile and went to the store KNOWING that the email would be waiting for me when I got back.. what the ----? I mean, I'm not trying to be crazy, here, but they shouldn't keep TELLING us it's coming! Had the secretaries just had the decency to say "piss off, we'll tell you when we tell you" then I would have gotten some work done today!

Finally got the rejection. Congrats to the winners!

Yes, congratulations again!

Man, I was hoping I'd get to the next forum ranking in this thread at least...

Now: a further question is whether or not they have a waitlist group. If anyone DOESN'T hear, let us know!

Edited by jendoly

No NDSEG for me either... and that is my last year I can apply (I think). I swear, if it is my undergrad grades still screwing me, that is quite ridiculous since I had 4 semesters of graduate grades to hand them to outweigh them. The only other thing is if my statement wasn't good enough. Ah well, at least my fiancée will have a job here shortly so I won't be poor. Time to be a kept man for the next 3 years. B)

Edited by boneh3ad

No NDSEG for me either... and that is my last year I can apply (I think). I swear, if it is my undergrad grades still screwing me, that is quite ridiculous since I had 4 semesters of graduate grades to hand them to outweigh them. The only other thing is if my statement wasn't good enough. Ah well, at least my fiancée will have a job here shortly so I won't be poor. Time to be a kept man for the next 3 years. B)

I'm gonna stand by them not liking that I didn't include any "contact info" in my short answers as the reason xD

Eh. If it really was GPA and GRE scores that made the difference, you don't want such an "honor" anyways.

In reality though, it's probably a lot of other things, especially for the first and second year graduates. The best any of us can really do is speculate.

I'll accept the NSF GRFP. For those of you applying next year, good luck. Congrats to the winners from this year!

Eh. If it really was GPA and GRE scores that made the difference, you don't want such an "honor" anyways.

In reality though, it's probably a lot of other things, especially for the first and second year graduates. The best any of us can really do is speculate.

I'll accept the NSF GRFP. For those of you applying next year, good luck. Congrats to the winners from this year!

On the contrary, I don't care what the criteria are (unless it was killing babies or something). For $30k x 3, I would be happy to accept it regardless, haha.

Hmm, that sounds DoD-esqe. I applied under Geosciences ... but I'm pretty sure climate modeling is NOT one of DoD's main research interests/concerns at the moment ...

I just finished a MS in geophysics (http://www.agu.org/pubs/crossref/2010/2009JB006877.shtml), but decided to switch over to OE/Oceanography (working on a PhD in Oceanography at Rhode Island and a MS in OE at New Hampshire). My proposal was to build a highres 3D subbottom profiler (AUV/ROV microseismics) - using navigation methodologies taken from Simultaneous Location and Mapping (SLAM).

I want to use it to image shipwrecks......(arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!)

But said it would make a good mine-hunter/UXO detector.

But I might not even have qualified given that I have a previous MS degree - I had to write an exemption request stating I was switching fields....

who knows....